Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Can you take food onto a ship?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by NiteStar, Apr 20, 2009.

1. NiteStar

NiteStar Guest

I know you can't bring food off the ship once you get back to home port. But can you take food onto the ship when you embark? Specifically..........pork rinds. Yes, I know, that's a strange food to want to take. But I love them and they are a great snack to nibble on while partaking in a nice cold rum and coke! :lol I've been on 19 cruises, but never think about taking my favorite snack onboard until I'm already onboard........and then it's too late!

2. Calgon1

Calgon1 Guest

Take the opportunity to try new things ....

3. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

:wave Nitestar..Mark and I go in 2 days pre-cruise, and we bring nibbles in for the Hotel rooms, and on ship..actually one of the requisites is Swedish Fish, and Anna Cookies..Mark =loves to have those on the balcony..as long as it's packaged, and not "open".. never had any trouble with "snacks". ever for plane or ship.it's a must I hit Wally World for their *Trail mix *too!! .Happy snacking!!!..=hug Joanne

4. Bread

Bread Guest

We like to bring our favorite chips and salsa to have with our predinner/sailaway drinks on our balcony. I also bring 100 calorie packs to be able to have something handy on excursions (diabetic) and 'packaged' goods are allowed off the ship.

5. NiteStar

NiteStar Guest

Thanks! In that case, I'll definitely be packing a couple jumbo bags of pork rinds/skins!

6. earl_m

earl_m Guest

You will have no problem bring food on board.I have done it many times!

7. Luci

Luci Guest

Hi, when I fly I carry my airline snacks like trial mix and packaged goodies. I save them on the ship and I carry them back with me to the airplane when I am flying home.

I was once on a Hawaiian cruise and I noticed an old Asian man eating dried small fish as a snack at the buffet area...I could tell he had brought the snack from his home..... while his wife was eating an apple from the buffet. They were both enjoying their snacks totally.lol.

I once heard of a lady who wanted to know if she could take small pudding cups on the cruise ship. She wanted to know if the cabin had a frigerator so she could store them.
    I guess some people must have their favorite snacks.

I always have to carry my small bottles of cokes so I always have a bottle in my tote bag. I buy the cokes in ports.
    I have some strange allergies where I need to drink coke in order to stop the tickling in my throat when the alergies flare up. It is the liquid sugar in the coke that makes me feel better. Water doesn't work as well as coke.

The ships have so many goodies that I feel that I am fine with what they have for snacks.
    I like the Caribbean cup cakes on the Carnival ships on Caribbean buffet days. They are sooooo good.

8. Boat boy

Boat boy Guest

I always bring snacks on board plus quite a bit of other stuff that I "sneak" on. (nothing illegal)

9. J.E. M.

J.E. M. Guest

We always take along some snacks.

10. daysatsea

daysatsea Guest

We usually stop at the market in Barcelona and get a huge bag of licorice for my hubby to have on our transatlantics. I also bring some snacks onboard that I can only pick up in Europe - and I usually will finish a bag or two while on the cruise (have to remember to pick up even more bags this year :D).

11. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

You can bring food onto most ships, most of the time. There might be a rare exception but I have not heard of one.

12. Calgon1

Calgon1 Guest

I suppose you can, but I'm pretty sure they will have enough without your help.....

13. NiteStar

NiteStar Guest

Yes.........I know they will have more than enough food. But....they won't have my favorite snack....pork skin/rinds!! :lol

14. Dan40

Dan40 Guest

Does the old saying, "Taking a baloney sandwich to a banquet," strike a chord?

15. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Guest

Some people bring pistachio's and the shells seem to magically fall off the balcony. You know who you are. :lol :lol

16. marilole

marilole Guest

I would bring my pringles.. yum! and of course my lipton green tea w/ citrus, that is the only thing I drink besides water.