{{{{{{{{{{Capitain John}}}}}}}}}}}}

L

lizardstew

No one could have said it better E! John gets kudos from me!

I have been reading reviews on this site for a long time, but I'm relatively new to the boards. I suffer from chronic migraines (and have for over 20 years) and I honestly didn't even notice the ads until all this hype started.....guess I was really, really engrossed in what I was reading! It wouldn't matter how annoying the ads are.....I'd deal with them because I LOVE THIS SITE! It's by far the best on the net and I am so grateful for a place to come to get endless information about my favorite hobby.

THANKS, JOHN!

B

bOB

Sometimes I say things when I should keep my mouth shut, and this is probably one of them.
You have said it very well Mr. E! and pretty much put it in a nutshell, but.

He has been turned on before, and he will be turned on again. It is usually by a small few that have had a toe or so stepped on or their safe and simple haven has had a glitch put in it.

He has responded several times, both publicly and in private email. He got caught with something that he didn't expect, he is dealing with it, he is trying to make adjustments as much as possible, not for his benefit, for the benefit of those complaining so isn't it about time that people started;

Listening to him rather than listening to themselves........................

S

seagrandaddy&seagrandma

We cannot understand what all the fuss is about! The ads do not bother us, we are so busy reading the posts. We are aware of them of course but recognize the need for revenue. Please keep up the good work John and thanks E. for your post.

H

herb

I've actually gotten used to the ads. Once you start scrolling down you don't even see them.

E, What you said about John is correct. Two thumbs up from me!!

C

Chippsetter

He has to pay the bills somehow and they have to be around the beginning of the posts in order to make sure people will see them or else it is a waste of money for the sponsors and they won't buy the ads. If you want to complain about the style of ad send your complaint to the sponsor as they are the ones supplying them to him. They use the same ads all over the web.

R

ROSS

BRAVO JOHN, KEEP DOING WHAT YOU THINK NEEDS TO BE DONE!
THANKS E, VERY WELL PUT (AS USUAL).
ROSS

W

WCoastCdnCruisers

Whatever John needs we will live with! Thanks E. I've been awol for a week (again real life forced itself on me) and have missed the hoopla. I can live with ads, I can live with bouncing ads, I just can't live without @ddicts! Thanks John! Laurey
:CAN :USA

K

kitten

No explanaton needed here, been there and done that and have the website bill's to prove it! Keep up the great work John. :thumb

D

DebraK

Perhaps it is just the particular ad, but I already see a decrease in the flashing! That's the only thing that was bothering me. The other, stable, ads are fine. We do what we have to do - I can live with ads if I can have Cruise @ddicts! :) Thanks, John, for the time and effort you put into making this a great place to be.

J

JANPEP

Very well put E! I agree whole heartedly! Thanks John for making this the best web site there is!

:USA :MN

C

CutiePatootie

Advertising creates revenue. Nuff said. I love sundaes and often shop at "Tarzhay".

P

Petert

Thanks for bringing this up Einstein, I agree whole heartedly. Carry o Capt John!!

Peter

S

sunset

Thanks for saying it so well for us E. And a huge thank you John for this wonderful site, it is greatly appreciated.

J

JOHN(NJ)

Just what I was gonna say E, but I guess I was sidetracked from the Politically Correct Information Highway. You can be Powell to my Schwartzkopf.

J

Jill B

Well said E and thanks John for a great site.
I haven't seen any pop ups, only an ad or search engine at the side, which is not annoying to me at all.
Keep up the good work! :thumb