Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Carnival Legend Cabin #7347

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by gfyjny, Sep 9, 2004.

1. gfyjny

gfyjny Guest

Is it better for our cabin steward if we tip with cash every day instead of tipping with the Sign and Sail Card?
    I figured you would get better service if they see an immediate result on their good performance.
    And does your cabin steward bring room service or someone else does?

2. serene56

serene56 Guest

I have never paid a cabin steward daily-- nor did I pay ahead of time. I dont agree with tipping before to insure good service- It should be exxpected. I left my tips on the sign and sail card. (didnt get bad service...and if I did I would tell the pursers desk. (as long as cabin is made up twice a day and cleaned at least once..I dont care about the rest. But some people think that the cabin steward should be at their beck and call)
    If I get all that plus-- I will tip maore using cash- after leaving the regular tips in place ont he sign and sail card.

Room service: cabin stewards do not deliver room serivce. It will be someone else. Tip when the service is rendered as you may not see the delivery person again for the next deliveries. I take along the gold $1 bills and the $2 bills and use that for tipping- If I only get coffee- I only give $1. more I do the $2 bill.

3. gfyjny

gfyjny Guest

I read somewhere that they charge the gratuity on the first day of cruise on your sign and sail card. So do I have them remove it on the first day and just add the gratuity later on the card?

4. serene56

serene56 Guest

The tips will automatically be put onto your sign and sail card the very first minute when you sign on. You can check it out when you board as you can see your account on the tv when you can get to your cabin. If you dont want to pay tips his way=-and want to pay in cash= then visit the pursers desk and ask to have them removed. (head to the pursers desk around dinner time on any night--its less crowded.. or go there late at night- It is opened 24 hours a day. You dont have to do it the first night--just any time up til the last night is fine.

5. gfyjny

gfyjny Guest

How is the bath tub? Is it big enough for bubble bath? I know the cabins come with shampoo and conditioner, what about toothpastes, razor and other amenities?

6. serene56

serene56 Guest

The bathtub- YOU can take a bath- If you want both-- it will be a very tight sqeeze..lol

Amenities. If you have finicky hair-- take your own products. That stuff dried my hair out terribly. Also- take a conditioner- Sun is harsh and especially if you swim. I think we got one razor. small tooth paste. (it got us through the week) if you run out-ask the cabin steward for a refill.)

If you are doing water activities...dont forget an underwater camera. Get it from home coz the cameras there and even on the ship are doubled in price.

7. serene56

serene56 Guest

8. serene56

serene56 Guest

9. gfyjny

gfyjny Guest

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you for the pictures. They've given me a very good idea on what the suite looks like.
    I was able to draw out a floorplan with them. Maybe we'll pass on the romantic bubble bath idea (hehe).
    I'm planning on lots of water activities so I'll take your advice on brining my own underwater cameras (at least one for each port of call.)
    Hope your day gets better. Just think about your next cruise Serene. Thank you for all your help.

10. serene56

serene56 Guest

My next cruise is a cruise to nowhere in October but I am looking more forward to cruising on the Miracle in Feburary during valentines day.

What are you doing in the various ports? any ideas?

11. gfyjny

gfyjny Guest

For San Juan, we were planning on going on a bioluminiscence kayak tour, I don't know how much it is on the ship but the cheapest one I've found so far is $70. In St. Thomas, we initially wanted to go on a tour with Godfrey, but now we're thinking about trying out scuba dive in Coki Beach. I've always wanted to try scuba diving but cold ocean water in Northern California deterred me from pursuing it. The beginner scuba dive is $60 per person, including transportation to Coki Beach. I know Godfrey would only cost us $20 per person for all day tour. Godfrey was super nice, too. I'm torned between these two choices. For Tortola, we were just going to take a taxi and hang out at Cane Garden Bay. There are so much stuff to do in Caribbean. I hope that we'll be able to take more cruises to enjoy and do more of these beautiful islands. I wish I could go on a cruise right now. June 2005 is too long of a wait from now. Any excursions we must do as a first timer?

12. serene56

serene56 Guest

What hours are you there in San Juan?

How long and what time is the excursion in st thomas. Godfrey takes you to Coki for 2 hours. THe water is not cold in St Thomas.. Very clean.. very clear. Very warm..

13. gfyjny

gfyjny Guest

It is scheduled to dock at 3:00pm in San Juan and leave at 11:59pm. (I think the bioluminiscence kayak tour starts from 6:20pm or so and return to the ship before 11:30pm. The tour last for about two hours. I'm thinking that we are going to get pick up about 1 to 11/2 hour prior to the tour.)
    St. Thomas from 7:00am to 6:00pm, and Tortola from 7:00am to 2:00pm. I don't know how acurate these times are.

14. gfyjny

gfyjny Guest

It's a 8night Eastern Caribbean embarking from NYC on 06/30/2005, arriving San Juan on 07/03/2005, St. Thomas on 07/04/2005, and Tortola on 07/05/2005. Does this cruise ship do anything for the Fourth of July?

15. serene56

serene56 Guest

If you are asking about fireworks for the 4th of July the answer is no...sorry- tis a fire hazzard.
    But you can get hot dogs and bugers and have a nice bar be gue on tha day.

Take a bubble gun for your sail away party. Its nice and festive...and people around you will be very jealous.

16. gfyjny

gfyjny Guest

Bummer, no fireworks. I guess it makes sense though. Great idea on a bubble gun to create your own fun stuff. Since we'll be in NYC for a couple of days prior to our embarkation, we'll grab some other patriotic paraphernalia.

17. serene56

serene56 Guest

I sometimes decorate my cabin door. (just to know where it is---when you come out of the elvator sometimes you can lose your bearings and not know which direction. Last cruise we decorated with a poster board and let room for people to sign their names. Was surprised that many people did sign iit and told me where they are from. It was a nice soverenier.

18. serene56

serene56 Guest

Since I am sailing on the Legnd in a few weeks I will get pictures to you when we get back. gonna see about getting menus and what nots. Want me to send you a postcard?

19. gfyjny

gfyjny Guest

Postcard would be great Serene.

And also I'm very interested in Carnival's shore excursion prices. It's really hard to compare the prices with independent companies when Carnival doesn't post their actual prices online. I wish I could there with you.