Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Carnival Legend

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by Ken_2001, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Hey Guys!!

Wishin...actually, it's the 10/22/04 CTN outta new York two days. I wish I can be of more assistance.

Aside, we are going to be planning a western carribean route either on the QM2 or Voyager, both leaving from NY which is exciting because CCL never really had their mega liners up here in NY.

Are you joining us on the two day CTN on Carnival Legend?

2. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Hi Michelle!!

Ya! CL is a wonderfull ship :grin My wife and I sailed her for the eastern carribean sailing last May/june.

We got a kick outta the enchanted forest way up front! That's one reason why I'm anxcious to get back on her, It'll feel kinda like we are visiting an old friend. I'm ancious to get back on her because we enjoyed ourselved so much! :grin

R U sailing for the Cruise to nowhere in October?

Post Edited (01-20-04 08:50)

3. wishin

wishin Guest

No, I'm sorry we won't be on that CTN. Unfortunately my boss expects me to actually do some work in order to get paid. LOL! Otherwise I'd be there.

4. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Darn bosses. Imagine that. Expects us to work and no cruises! sheesh!! :lol

5. cruisequeen

cruisequeen Guest

We too have been thinking about the Legend. Looking at 8 day 11/3. Found a great price and are considering booking it. Right now you can get good deals on air fare.

6. snowball

snowball Guest

wishin - the good thing about this cruise-to-nowhere is that it is only a 2 day cruise, and it leaves on Friday and returns on Sunday. So if you work a normal Mon-Fri schedule, you only have to take one day off from work. My husband and I are really looking forward to this weekend getaway. :)

7. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Guys..

We are about an inch of booking the CL, CTN 10/22. I'm trying to price different cats. The one's I"m looking at, I can't justify $400 PP, for a weekend getaway and up. I want approx the middle of the ship.

In between working, I"ll get on the CC web site and study the decks and get some prices.

I think it's safe to say my wife and I will be there, I"m just not sure where yet.

Untill then...

8. wishin

wishin Guest

A week-end won't work for us because we live about a 12 hour drive away.

By the look of today's weather, March 28 can't come soon enough.

9. snowball

snowball Guest

Ken - what category are you looking for? We booked an 8E. Gotta have that balcony. :grin

Wishin - I know what you mean - May 9th can't get here soon enough for me. I've had enough of this winter already!

10. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Snowball...right now 4C is in the running...still working on it.. We're saving up for a balcony on the June 7 <?> Voyager out of NY. ( have to check exact dates, I think there's two of them. ) Both Western carribean 9 days.

wishin...I heard you loud and clear on that one. I'd drive the 12 hours I think if it were at least a five day cruise. But 12 hours for a two day? Nope :nono

11. wishin

wishin Guest

I don't mind long distance driving either. We normally drive to Florida from Ontario (we have kids there). But not for a 2 day trip.

Where are all of you from?

12. snowball

snowball Guest

I'm from Philadelphia, so driving to NYC is just about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away for me. Not too bad at all. :grin

13. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

I'm from a small part of western Westchester county called Tarrytown. It's about a 30 min drive to Manhattan.

Before that I lived in the Bronx, I'm a still a city guy at heart.

14. wishin

wishin Guest

Me too. I was born in Toronto and lived there for many years before relocating to a much smaller city. But I'm still a big city girl.

15. snowball

snowball Guest

Hey Ken - is it offical yet? Did you check out our roll call thread on cc? If you can't find it, I can e-mail you a link. We have a lot of people posting over there.

16. Jamman

Jamman Guest

We were on the Legend when she was brand new, and are going on her again this July. Looking forward to seeing the reviews of those going in the next couple of months. She truly is a beautiful ship!!!

17. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

HI Debbie sorry for the delay here.. been away for the weekend... yea that link would be great! :jump I'd love to see who's coming!

Post Edited (01-26-04 17:16)

18. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Yea that's for sure Jam. It's definately one of those wowee types when you first set foot on board. She was just a year old when we sailed on her.

By the way.. gotta luv that graphic!!!

Post Edited (01-26-04 17:17)

19. snowball

snowball Guest

Ken - check your e-mail. :grin

20. Chrissy

Chrissy Guest

Just want to add that we were on the Legend for the first time in June and she was still shining for sure! We are going on the VOS in Sept because we loved leaving from NYC, hassle free. The cruise director was Bret Alan? close to that anyway and the capt was Claudio capusto sp. great crew as well! Hope you all have fun on your CTN have a drink for me!