Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Carnival Newest Ships

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by trina312, Jun 28, 2004.

1. trina312

trina312 Guest

Has anyone seen pictures or stuff on Carnival Newest Ships?

2. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Hello Trina...What kind of information are you looking for?

3. rhen33

rhen33 Guest

Ken, do you have the inside scoop?

4. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Well...I like to think I'm a fairly good source of info :grin 'Cept, I dunno what she's trying to find out. Maybe I can be of service. =huh

5. DanielR2004

DanielR2004 Guest

What are the new ship's names?

-Daniel

6. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Carnival's vessels are broken up into different classes of ships. More information than you need, I realize. They are the Fantasy Class, Spirit Class, Destiny Class and Conquest Class. ( I feel like I'm missing a class)

There is a vessel named for each class by the way. All of the Spirit class vessels are fairly new, Carnivals, Pride, Legend, Spirit, and Miracle. Carnival Miracle is the newest at only 5 months. The rest are within 5 years. Very, very new, considering there are ships out there 50 plus years old, still sailing.

Carnival's newest are of the "Conquest Class." Conquest Class are the biggest and heaviest of their fleet. Conquest Class ships, to the best of my knowledge are all within 3 years old. I could be wrong on this. They are Carnival Conquest. <<of course>> Carnival Glory, Carnival Valor, and finally Carnival Liberty, do out in '06, and she will be sailing only the European waters.

I hope this helps you! You've certainly come to the right place!

<<Hey Robin... How'd I do? Wink wink>> :thumb

Post Edited (06-29-04 16:17)

7. MoJo2Rusty

MoJo2Rusty Guest

There is also the Carnival Valor. I believe it comes out in December of this year. I got a flyer on it about a month ago. I believe its also a Conquest series. Sure looks to be a beautiful ship!

8. snowball

snowball Guest

Yes, don't forget about the Valor. I'll be sailing on the Valor on 6/12/05. I can't wait. I wish it was being built in Finland instead of Italy so that Tero could take some of his great pictures of her as she is being built like he did of the Miracle.

9. rhen33

rhen33 Guest

Yeh ken, theh theres the no class. jk

10. MandyBear

MandyBear Guest

Hey Ken!

Great information! :)

I am interested in the Valor, as well, we're hoping to sail in 2006 on the Valor.

Looking forward to hearing the first reviews at the end of December/early January!

:)
    AJ

11. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Oh, the big gorgeous Valor is certainly mentioned.. cannot forget that...that's for you Debbie!! It's mentioned just before Carnival Liberty. :thumb

Manda... I certainly hope you have calm seas then!

Robin..That would be the life boats! :lol

Mona...again..yep! I mentioned her as well...

Destiny class vessels are all about 101,000 tons and the Conquest class are all about 110,000 tons. A wee bit bigger! :thumb

I just love cruise ships!

12. MandyBear

MandyBear Guest

Calm Seas!!??? Oh no, I am a daredevil - give me a balcony room up on the top deck, lots of swells and rocking, I'm a happy camper!! ;) LOL

;) I scoff at anyone who dares worry about seasickness (hey, the rocking of the boat saves you on the bar bill!!) LOL ;)

:)
    AJ

Post Edited (06-30-04 12:34)

13. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Behave yourself Manda :nono :lol

14. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Behave yourself Manda :nono :lol

15. Nikki75

Nikki75 Guest

I WILL BE ON THE CARNIVAL VALOR IN JANUARY 2005. I WILL LET YOU GUYS KNOW ALL THE DETAILS.

COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS!!!!!

:dance

16. Camelia

Camelia Guest

It seems like Trina posted a question, but has she ever checked back what the anwser is? That some time bugs me - you take to time to response, but you wonder whether that person even remembers to check. Of course I am not talking about regulars, but more new posters. When I found this great board and starting asking questions for my upcoming cruise, I always replied with a simple "thank you" to let people know that I read the response.

17. cruise gal

cruise gal Guest

Hi guys...

Just wanna clarify something... the Carnival Valor, Conquest class (110 000 tons), will start cruising in december of 2004, on the 17th to be exact, but just a 2 day cruise-to-nowhere. She will start her regular 7 day cruise on december 19th from Miami, and taking over the original Paradise's itineraries.

the CArnival Liberty , also Conquest class (110 000 tons), will be sailing in 2005, not 2006, and will be doing 12 day cruises in the Mediterannea, starting july 20th, round-trip from Rome and going to some cities in Italy (like Vencie, Livorno, Sicily), Croatia, Spain, and France. And let me tell you it's about time Carnival does mediterannean cruises... I wish I could go ! :-(

The beautiful, gorgeous and amazing Carnival Miracle, Spirit class (86 000 tons), will be taking over the Inspiration's itinerary on november 7th. She is currently doing cruises out of New York, going to the caribbean and stoping in Port CAnaveral, and the Bahamas. I saw some pictures a colleague brought back from the inaugural sailing, and was blown away by the beauty of that ship !

Can't wait for pictures from the new ships to come.

Hope it helps :)

18. Belizemama

Belizemama Guest

Yep, the Liberty does indeed start sailing in 2005...and one of it's ports is Livorno, Italy which is where my daughter and grandson live. :) And, BTW, Livorno is a starting point for Florence (Firenze) about an hour and a half away, and Pisa about 20 to 30 minutes away.
    Sure wish we could be on one of the sailings !

19. camilia.....I know what you mean, but the first time I ever posted on the threads I didn't know how to get back to it :dizzy ...and I was upset cause I couldn't find it......anyway, that might be the problem..

20. MoJo2Rusty

MoJo2Rusty Guest

Sorry Ken, I just went back and reread your post and you did mention the Valor. Sorry I missd it the first time.