Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Carnival & Princess - A happy marriage?

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by Robert Downie, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Mergers...been there, done that. Usually there is a period of readjustment, alignment of SOP's, and jockeying for position in the new organization. Will this have a negative effect on Princess? I'm concerned that the sheer size of Carnival will overwhelm the unique characteristics of Princess.

2. cannonball

cannonball Guest

Robert,
    I definately feel your concern about Princess. However, I have adopted a wait and see kind of attitude although I am still not happy about it simply because of the implications of market power that Carnival will be able to wield. I think that the best thing we can do as consumers it to simply vote with our dollars when we see the results. If its great then continue to cruise Princess, if not then I'll be trying out RCI or Celebrity. JMHO!

Blair

3. Sealover

Sealover Guest

Carnival has got to be doing something right so far with all its other acquisitions. The only thing I've seen from some deckplans is that some of its other divisions,namely Holland America have deck plans almost identical to parent company Carnival.

It should be interesting to see what Carnival has up its sleeves for Princess. I am almost disappointed that RCL/Princess did not happen because from what I read prior to the Carnival acquisition would have been that RCL would of had to divest itself of Celebrity which I am sure a lot of people would have liked to see...including Celebrity and the former owners,the Chandris family.

4. CruisJack

CruisJack Guest

Ahoy Mates :)
    I've read different cruise newsletters about the Carnival and Princess merger.
    It is the parent companies which will be merging NOT the cruise lines.
    I was concerned about Carnival acquiring P & O Princess but it does own
    Holland American, Cunard, Costa and some smaller cruise lines. From what
    I understand, it allows the individual cruise lines to operate much the same as
    before being acquired.
    I did notice that Carnival has increased the number of ships in the fleets of
    HAL and Costa. The design of the new HAL ships has been impressive.
    So, lets all hope for the best for Princess.