Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Carnival vs Princess

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by serene56, Aug 17, 2005.

1. serene56

serene56 Guest

Melissa: I read so much about that seafood buffet- even saw photos on webshots. But Joe dont like seafood- (doesnt know what he is missin if ya ask me---lol do they have anything else besides seafood?

Carnival does that gala buffet. does Princess?

2. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

yes but i would never eat from it,,, just my own opinion,,, yuck,,, the foods been sittin gout for over 2 hours, and thousands of people are walking by breathing on it touching it,,, no thanks,, pretty to look at and takes pics, but its not going in my mouth

3. serene56

serene56 Guest

Gala buffets are never as tasty as they look. Last one they looked breathtaken.. takje a bite and everything was a bit dry. I may skip them this time.

4. OnTheRocks

OnTheRocks Guest

Princess does not do a "gala" midnight buffet. Caribbean Princess has something called Cafe Caribe, which is an extension of Horizon Court. They have different items in the evening and will do some seafood buffets. The quality is subjective - I didn't think it was that great, others seemed to be thrilled by it.

I really don't think Caribbean Princess would be worth an addtional $450pp for a comparable cabin on Carnival. My opinion is that the ship is too large and has too many passengers. I liked the Grand Princess. Caribbean Princess is the only cruise we have been on that we agreed that we did not get our money's worth, but acknowledge that some of the problems we experienced likely would not be repeated.

MUTS is great in the evening, but it doesn't need to be turned on so early in the day.

5. serene56

serene56 Guest

Help me out here-- is the grand Princess the same class as the Caribbean Princess

6. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

No..the Caribbean Princess and the new to debut "Crown Princess" have about another 850 passengers, and another 400 crew..for about 100 more feet of ship....the ships are stunning!!..Uh lala...don't get me wrong..they just wedged in for the 7 day constant to the Caribbean and the 9 dayer out of NYC for the Crown Princess ..it's a toss up..they have the MUTS.."Movies under the Stars".. and MUTS will be added to the rest of the fleet..but they have more cruisers, and more crew..for a ship that has been said to not have many more added public places..hence it does not have as much an "open feel"..that all the other Princess ships are reknowned for.However...so many folks are THRILLED with the Caribbean, and soon to be Crown Princess....it's an individual thing..=shrug..

I will be on Mariner of the Seas for the MOS@IC Group cruise..I sacrificed the huge ship deal to be on the group cruise..in 4 weeks, and it's the biggest I'll yet be on..doubt I will EVER opt to go on one that big again..some folks =love the bigger the better..Pretty sure I'm NOT going to be in that group...the ULTRA Voyager Freedom will have 5000 passengers, and almost 2000 crew...=eek..I live in a town close to that in population..I KNOW I won't be on that ship EVER..:grin...I'm much too spoiled in the Princess sailings I've been on..1950 passengers is ideal for DH Mark and I....././..Happy sailing..:grin..Joanne

7. serene56

serene56 Guest

I have sailed the Voyager--same class as the MAriner.. But I am a Carny girl myself.
    I dont ever see me sailing the ultra freedom--too many people for my taste. I see what its like getting off 3000 people...i can not imagine what it will be like with 1500 more people. I'd rather not even try it.

This is my first time venturing into Princess and the Caribbean Princess is the only ship that meets my needs for the time I want to cruise.

Is it very crowded for say the buffet area? Im talking standing in lines for stuff. How about the shows. is it standing room only?