Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Category question such as D1,D2,E1,E2 etc.....

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Wuollebear, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Wuollebear

Wuollebear Guest

Hi,
    Can someone help me out on categories? =helpsign What is the difference? =dunno Like Superior Balcony cabins will show a D1 or D2 category but they seem to be the exact same rooms, same with Deluxe Balcony cabins, they show E1 or E2 but also seem to be the same. Prices vary though. =screwy Does this just mean they are in a different location on the ship? Also...I was looking at some prices on overstock.com and went on like I was booking so I could check out prices and there was and upgrade button which would let me upgrade from a balcony to a Grand Suite for and extra $435 per person (this was on the Freedom, prices were pretty good on overstock) there was no explanation of what the "upgrade" meant. Does this mean I'm getting some special deal or is it the same price as if I was booking a Grand Suite to begin with? =headscratch I'm so confused. =sad
    Thanks for your help.

2. Cruizer

Cruizer Guest

I was on the Navigator of the Seas in August 2004 with some friends. They were in a a cat E cabin and I was in a cat D cabin. It appeared to me that my cabin was about 12 inches wider than theirs. However, the floor plan was the same. That is how I desided my cabin was a little wider, more room between the end of the bed and the wall. As it turns out the cat D cabins are 202 square feet and the cat E cabins are 184 square feet. So, the higher level cabin is a little bigger.

As to the difference between 1, 2 and 3, you've got me there. I have not figured that one out yet. The location does not seem to be an issue. For example, on the Navigator (deck 7) there is a long row of cat E2 cabins, then a couple of cat E1 cabins, then a cat E2 cabin, then a cat E1 cabin, then two cat E2 cabins, then three cat E1 cabins then more cat E2 cabins.

As to the "upgrade" price, I have seen that on other sites. It appears that you are just being told the cost of moving up in class. There is no special price break being offered. The commission is paid based on the the cost of the ticket. So if you book a better cabin for $200 more than you were going to pay for the lower level cabin, the agency gets an extra $30, but does not have to do any additional work. If the agency can do that with 300 people, then the agency will earn an extra $9,000 for the year without doing any additional work. How would you like a $9,000 raise at work, without any additional responsibilities?

Here is a link to a web site with some good info on cabins ...

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/