Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

cell phones

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by linmil, Jan 18, 2005.

1. bicker

bicker Guest

> once upon a time ...

There were no doctors; there was disease and pestilence; there was slavery; there was suppression of women and minorities; etc.

The point is that not all progress is bad, and most aspects of cell phones are positive -- only a scant few aspects are negative, and just like time worked out the kinks in other aspects of society, time will work out those kinks as well.

2. Schooner

Schooner Guest

I don't know about anyone else out there but $1.69 a minute is still alot. Hell your on vacation if the call is not an emergency you can wait till port where (if you know where to go) you can pay as little as 50 cents a min in most places and in some ports even 10 cents a min.

3. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

bicker Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > The point is that not all progress is bad, and
    > most aspects of cell phones are positive

I agree with this...

-- only a
    > scant few aspects are negative, and just like time
    > worked out the kinks in other aspects of society,
    > time will work out those kinks as well.

I'd like to agree with that with open arms, but I have some reservations, given the few that honesly feel they have the "right" to talk anywhere, anytime, anyplace type of attitude.

However, if I, myself are being disturbed, I will ask very nicely to please do not talk so loudly. It's been honered with much success.

4. bicker

bicker Guest

By the same token, there will always be "those few people" you're talking about, whether it be with a cell phone, or a boom box, or just talking overly-loudly with a companion. The device doesn't make someone self-focused, but rather the self-focus that cause the person to be disruptive with the device.

5. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Yes.. bottom line. Cell phones don't kill people.. people kill people. :lol