Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Check bags at port?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Bill White, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Bill White

Bill White Guest

We booked our own flights to and from Miami (I’m not cheap, just wanted to have the extra money to spend on excursions). Pre-cruise, we’re staying at the Marina Park Hotel across the street from the port. Post-cruise, our flight doesn’t leave FLL until 6:00 PM.

Does anyone know if we can check our luggage thru to the airport at the port so we don’t have to drag it around all day? I know we did last time, but we booked our flight thru the cruise.

Does anyone know of a “service†that takes your luggage from the port to the airport? I know that the heightened security may have eliminated all of these options, but I though I’d ask.

Thanks,
    Bill

2. 2cruzenutz

2cruzenutz Guest

RCI discontinued checking bags at the dock after 9/11. I really miss that convenience. I personally can't see the difference between airline employees checking bags at the dock or at the airport.

3. Ali

Ali Guest

And the airlines won't accept your bags if it's earlier than 4 hours before your flight departs. I ran into that problem last year trying to get on an earlier flight than what I was booked on. American Airlines in Miami wasn't going to check my bags because I was too early checking in. Once I explained that I wanted to go stand by on an earlier flight, they took them.