Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Cherry Supreme Cheese Cake

Discussion in 'Food Recipes' started by BostonsJ, Aug 11, 2008.

1. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

Cherry Supreme Cheese Cake

Spray Pam on a 13x9x2 glass or other baking pan. I also use the glass pan slightly larger 14 x 10 1/2 x 2 1/2. If you use anything smaller than the 13x9x2 half this recipe.

Mix 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, 2 cups pecans or walnuts halved or chopped, and 2 sticks melted margarine or butter together. (chopped makes a firmer crust)

Press into the bottom of the pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. It should be light brown.

Take from oven and re crumble the mixture and press back into the pan. Set aside.

Mix 16 ounces of softened cream cheese and 3/4 cut confectionery sugar. Beat and set aside.(If you half this recipe use 1/2 cup confectioners sugar) A little more for a sweeter mixture.

Make 3 or 4 envelopes of Dream Whip whipped topping as directed on package. ( three works four makes it higher) Then blend with cream cheese mixture. (use 2 envelopes for 1/2 recipe) Instead of milk I use half/half.

Pour over the crust and refrigerate for 4 hours or more. Cover with 2 cans of cherry pie filling or 2 cans of blueberry pie filling. (1 can for smaller)

That is it is is very good and so easy to make.

2. H2O babe

H2O babe Guest

Thanks BJ - my son loves cheesecake and I'll treat him to this dessert.

K.

3. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

Well you know what Kay we aren't allowed to sample it. LOL I just read your Good Morning post. Congratulations. Now be good. I have lost all that I gained while Joanne was here. NOW! LOL

4. I had a similar recipe years ago -- need to dig it out.

5. Beryl

Beryl Guest

....this one sounds good too....Almost like Cherry ChaCha but a different bottom!

6. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

=love and Mark begged me to get this recipe, so it's all copied.,.:grin..Joanne