Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Chilkoot Horseback in Skagway?

Discussion in 'Alaska & Pacific Northwest Ports' started by Alvin, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Alvin

Alvin Guest

I'm looking for some horseback riding while in Skagway. Anyone used Chilkoot horseback or have any other recommendations for horseback?

Thanks in Advance!

2. dusty

dusty Guest

alvin

i thought about doing some horesback riding when i go in sept but changed my mind. try www.southeasttours.com. they seem to have a better riding tour if you are in port long enough. have a great time. dusty

3. Evergrn

Evergrn Guest

I agree with Dusty - try Southeast tours for horseback riding. It is much more interesting. Chilkoot offers horseback riding on the tidal flats only. I went on the the Southeast tour and it was well worth the dollars. You get a narrated trip into the Yukon, with an opportunity to see a lot of diverse beautiful and pristine scenery of forest and lake, as well, you get treated to some of the best views of Emerald Lake. Oh - beauty - you just can't imagine unless you see it for yourself. You get some of the best photo ops of Emerald Lake with snow capped mountains as a backdrop. At the end of the horseback riding - you get lounge in the rustic little canvas topped cookshack for hot or cold refreshments with the tour operator Joni. Very nice lady - you couldn't ask for better. It was one of the highlights of our trip.