• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Clarification on some of HAL's new policies

L

Lisa63

ShipMaven, thank you as always for keeping us so well-informed.

I am pleased that "tipping not required" language will soon disappear, and also pleased that HAL is offering several choices as to how we may extend gratuities to cabin stewards, dining room staff, etc.

I have mixed feelings about the staggered seating times. On one hand, it gives passengers more options. On the other hand, I imagine that the 5:45 pm dining time will not be in high demand on a port-intensive itinerary. Curious -- how large is the upper level of the dining room on S-class ships?

S

ShipMaven

Lisa - this is strictly a guess on my part, but I'd say that upper level seating is approximately 2/3 that of lower level seating on most, if not all, of the two-tiered dining rooms.

L

Lisa63

Thanks, Mary Ann. As a nice trade-off to those dining early, at least it will be relatively quiet for the first half hour.

S

Spender Nui

Has there been any mention of HAL's policy regarding bringing liquor aboard or if it will still be available for on board purchase for stateroom consumption?

S

ShipMaven

Lisa - I believe they're testing the dining set-up on Veendam right now. No word on how it's working out.

Spender - to my knowledge, your question hasn't been addressed, but my guess is that there will be no change in that regard.