Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

"Coffeecups sails"

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by turkeyman, Jun 19, 2004.

1. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Make sure you give us a full review when you get back. Have a wonderful time and enjoy your week.

2. Belizemama

Belizemama Guest

I'm soooo jealous! I guess I better get going on planning our next one. Hope it is great Coffeecups!!!

3. kdlisa1469

kdlisa1469 Guest

WOW TURKEYMAN,
    YOU SURE DO LIKE "CONQUEST", BEEN ON HER 3 TIMES.

BONVOYAGE!!!!!CUPS, WE'RE RIGHT BEHIND U DEAR, JUNE 27TH, CAN'T WAIT,
    8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 DAYS, IM SO EXCITED,
    MY DEN IS FULL OF SUIT CASES.
    HAVE A GREAT TRIP, TELL US ALL ABOUT IT.....

4. coffeecups

coffeecups Guest

Believe it or not, I have not really packed yet. After writing this, I will pull out the suitcases. Got some amerretto to go with me tomorrow, though!

Yes, I will give a review, although I am no judge of some things like food- I love most food.

Turkeyman, I'll be thinking of you and Sophie and Ken2001 and all the rest of my friends here. Thanks for this little sendoff.

ps If I could get a sign that says 'Sohpie's deck', I think that I will try to get a picture. That will be the closest I'll come to THAT deck. I will take some other pictures too.

See yall in a week!!!

coffeecups

5. MoJo2Rusty

MoJo2Rusty Guest

Wow Turkeyman, I must asume that the Conquest is a great ship. I will be on her for the first time in Dec. Any good tips for those of us sailing on her for the first time?

6. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Well, as far as going on the Conquest so many times is concerned, it's close-by. We live about 50 miles from the port of New Orleans. All the other departure cities offer cruises in the same price range, and, from what I've garnered, travel to those cities, and a nights' stay the evening before crusing, would cost almost as much as the cruise itself. By going out of New Orleans, we have a limo pick us up here in.........Picayune, Mississippi, and is there waiting the following Sunday. The economics of going on the Conquest makes sense, (cents), to me.

I personally think the Conquest to be an incredible ship. I can give you some general pointers like....don't pack too much. We always do, and don't wear half the clothes we take. If you do have any particular questions, feel free to email me at turkeyman10@excite.com

If you don't have a digital camera,,,,,,get one. They're getting cheap now, and they take some beautiful pictures. If you like soda, buy a soda card. Take a nap every afternoon. Eat at the deli for lunch, (that helps control the waistline). Go to the midnight comedy shows. Be considerate of others,,,,,,,and have a good time.

7. Nanni-B.

Nanni-B. Guest

Turkeyman-I envy you! Driving through Mississppi was our favorite state! Look at us, driving every year from Northern MN! Well, for the past 3 years anyway. Next time we are looking at sailing out of Galveston, close to the same miles for us. I bet you have all the nooks and crannies explored on Conquest. What was your favorite part of the ship?

Coffeecups-Looking foward to your review when you get back!

8. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

I like deck 4 during the hot time of the day. Its outer sides make for some relaxing reading or sleeping. It's shaded, a good breeze blows all the time, and it's quiet. Don't get me wrong, I like all the "doins" on the 9th and 10th deck alot too, but sometimes the quiet throws a different perspective on a cruise.

We also liked nibbling on some sushi before the evening meal, everyday.

9. Sophie

Sophie Guest

have fun coffeecups! cant wait to hear your review and see your pics; nanni am glad to hear you enjoyed your drive through our beautiful state of Mississippi!! :)

10. NewNCrusin

NewNCrusin Guest

Amen on the quiet decks!!! You have to find them. Every one in my family of nine napped there at some point during the trip! :)

11. chestnut

chestnut Guest

Sushi, Sushi, did some one say Sushi. Every night. Before dinner. Turkeymans correct, livin' only 50 or so miles from one of the best cruises I've been on is great.