Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

CONQUEST QUESTIONS! Boarding, leaving and MORE!

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by Nanni-B., Dec 31, 2003.

1. Nanni-B.

Nanni-B. Guest

Not sailing for a few months yet, but was curious what time people have been allowed to board the Conquest? This will be our 3rd year sailing out of New Orleans and we have a habit of arriving at the pier a bit early :) So far, I have not been very impressed with the new "fun pass" but I understand it is suppose to save time. What about self debarkation, anyone try this on the Conquest? Any other info you care to offer would be much appreciated! Many Thanks! Nan

2. tiadeerin

tiadeerin Guest

Haven't sailed the Conquest since December 2002, but at that time embarkation was a nightmare because of Norwalk virus outbreak on the previous cruise. However, I just returned from a cruise on the Spirit & used the "funpass" method. It worked absolutely great for me. I was in my cabin within an hour of landing at the airport. However, I feel sure that a lot depends on particular circumstances at the time of embarkation. On the Spirit cruise I arrived at the pier by taxi, not with a bus load of others, which I'm sure makes a difference. Upon our return we also used the self debarkation method, which was wonderful! Self debarkation started 7:45 am & I was at the airport by 8:30. I hope that Carnival continues to use that method. As for the Conquest, she's my favorite of the Carnival fleet. Beautiful, beautiful ship, food & service were great. Had an inside cabin on panorama deck & it was close to all activities & food. Also, the inside cabins have refrigerators & bath robes just like the more expensive cabins. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

3. Lonpalm

Lonpalm Guest

I did not see where the funpass made things any faster. I'm not saying that it took a long time to get on the ship because it only took us about 45 min after we gave our bags. But, I had for got to print the funpass sheet oput for all of us. ( there was 5 of us)
    The two who did not have the sheet only went through a different x-ray. After that we were side by side. Bu ti still only took us about 45 minutes to get on the ship

4. Dthom54

Dthom54 Guest

We went on the Conquest in October and arrived in the traffic line at 10:30. We were insturcted to turn around and come back around 12:00 so that they could finish the debarkation process. When we came back there were loads of people ahead of us but it still went very smooth. We were onboard and in our rooms within an hour after getting in line. The debarkation was way slow though. It was hurry up and wait all morning. After getting off the ship finally at 10:30 we were standing and waiting for the car for another hour. Guess it all depends on which color you are. If you could manage your luggage yourself I think it would be worth a try. We took everything but the kitchen sink and could have never done it by ourselves. We did learn a lot from our first cruise. ;)
    When we got home and I started all the dirty laundry, I did inventory on everything we wore and made a list for next time. It IS true that you should take twice the money you think you will need and half the clothes. That way you come back with money and way less luggage. Bon Voyage........

5. PLG

PLG Guest

By self embarking and debarkation what do you mean? Are you refering to the lack of a porter? Pat

6. Nanni-B.

Nanni-B. Guest

Carnival has a new "self debarkation" in which you keep your luggage with you instead of putting it out for the cabin steward to take. Then you are able to leave the ship a bit earlier, before they start the regular debarking process in which you put out your luggage the night before and it is brought off the ship for you and you pick it up in baggage claim. A person can not have a lot of luggage for this feature however. We were always able to carry our own so we will give the self debarking a try this year.

7. PLG

PLG Guest

That's for me too. We can easily wheel our luggage around. I think I'll like this. Does the getting on the ship process change? The biggest problem with debarking last spring was finding out luggage in that sea of bags. And, then someone took one of our bags :worried then brought it back =clap ! Thank you very much! Pat

8. Nanni-B.

Nanni-B. Guest

That is one of my biggest fears! That someone will swipe our luggage mistaking it for their exact same plain jane black rolling luggage :lol I tied these wimpy little yellow strings on the handles to help with the id process which proved useless as most bags were laying on their sides. I don't know why I find sifting through all that luggage stressful. I don't bring any jewelry except what is on my self. My clothes are getting pretty dated, but I stress none the less :lol

9. PLG

PLG Guest

I agree with you I found sifting through that luggage extremely stressful, especially since I knew my husband hated it even more then I did. I didn't like tha fact that just anyone could pick up my luggage, people do stupid stuff just to be obnoxcious.
    I will be much happier this way. Why did they do it the other way anyway. I hated putting my luggage out in the hall too. I will definately like keeping it with me. Was afraid I'd need something I forgot to keep out.

10. Nanni-B.

Nanni-B. Guest

I also didn't care for having to pack up everything the night before except the bare essentials! Not only is it depressing to think that "this is the last night on the ship" but to reinforce that feeling by packing it all up! Yes, there is much less chaos in the cabin first thing in the morning but we are up early anyway and would rather take care of those things then!

11. PLG

PLG Guest

Ditto, we rise early too. I will pack things the day before, mostly, but finish up that morning. We had way too much time to sit around and wait last cruise.

12. Rmeek

Rmeek Guest

Hi , We just returned from the conquest christmas cruise on 12/28. The ship is beautiful! I suggest you don't arrive at the port to early unless your driving your own car and need a parking place. In my opinion, 12:30-1:00 is perfect. A fun pass might help abit, but not much. You just plan on waiting patiently no matter what! As far as debarkation, we went and had breakfast while the colors were being called. While we were eating they called ours, well we just continued to eat and it turned out that when we got the the baggage area, our bags were the only ones still there. So therefore no problem looking for ours. Just be patient and don't be in a hurry. If you have an early flight out of NO, they'll consider that for you. Never done thedo it yourself thing, but i might try it next time. Happy sailing!!

13. randk

randk Guest

What, your talking about debarktaiton already and we havn't even sailed yet. LOL We might give the self exiting thing a try except my better half packs way to much and I can only hook up and pull so many box cars behind me. Nan, have you started packing yet? Still going to wait till the night or even the morning before we leave. I filled out the fun pass and had our TA fax it back. Hope things go smoother once in NO.

14. PLG

PLG Guest

OK, but if you debark with your bags in tow do you have to wait for your color to be called? AND, anyone out there in addict-world know why my signature is :idea missing????? :(
    Pat
    Out of here on Carnival Conquest 4/4/04

15. Nanni-B.

Nanni-B. Guest

Okay, Randy---I am continuing to pile things :) I have also went throught he formal wear. I am making slight progress but it is none the less progress. Once I got a hold of the travel agent and got new numbers all the fun pass stuff went fine. But it was a huge pain at the time. Sure miss my countdown clock! I was looking foward to seeing '60' days left :(

PLG--That is a good questions, my guess would be if you self debark you do NOT need to wait for your color to be called but hopefully someone will chirp in here and let us know for sure. :) Nan

16. PLG

PLG Guest

Nan, Tell me again, Conquest? When? I thought I saw somewhere you were leaving after I was 4/4. If before, can we look forward to glorious details and pictures?

17. Nanni-B.

Nanni-B. Guest

Pat-We are sailing a couple weeks before you on the Conquest. March 21...the poster above randk is on my sailing as well. Oh, I will make a few attempts at posting some pictures, you can bet on it and I LOVE to write detailed reviews, almost like reliving the curise itself! It seems like it is taking forever for us to get close though! :) Nan

18. Alley

Alley Guest

Hello...
    I'll be sailing on the Conquest in October and I have a few questions.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on hotel rooms?
    How far is the airport from the pier?
    Is there a shuttle service to and from the airport?

Thanks ahead of time,

Alley

19. randk

randk Guest

Just want to test the countdown clock and see if I have it working. Hey Nan- I thought about packing some stuff today, thats all I all I did though. thought about it. LOl

20. randk

randk Guest

One more test. Than I am done playing