Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Conquest Sept 28th anyone else?

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by amya, Aug 9, 2003.

1. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Did you see the ship sail Chestnut?

2. Rembrant

Rembrant Guest

Aw, man I wish I could drive to N.O. to see the ship sail away :(

Heh, course, then I remember that I'll be on that ship fairly soon!

So how did the sailing go, Turkeyman?

Rembrant

3. chestnut

chestnut Guest

Off into the sunset! Or at least down river. Or is it up. A little trivia!

4. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Rembrandt.

We drove down this morning and checked out the logistics for boarding and talked to some people getting off the ship. A splendid time was had by all. Seeing the ship was a stunt from home. There are two web cams in NO at the port and I alternate between the two of them and watch the ship sail online for about 10 or 15 minutes. They sailed about 6:05 today.

5. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Rembrant,

Check your email. (yahoo)

6. amya

amya Guest

We watched the ship sail this evening on the cruise addicts web cam which other one is there? By the way my parents are on it as we speak we will have the scoop when they return on Sunday.

Amy

7. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Amy,

Another one is www.nola.com/rivercam. The ship comes into view after it makes its departure turn and heads down river. It disappears around a bend then comes into view as it heads down river again. Some people that got off today said they cleared them power lines by about 20 feet. Hmmm.......
    We took the digital camera today when we went down and took a few pictures, (as if we don't have enough already).

Shushi for breakfast. It don't get no better!!

8. amya

amya Guest

Did you see anyone wearing Oklahoma Sooner t-shirts as it was leaving? My dad was going to try to go by the port cams as they were taking off.

amy

9. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

I know there's a cam on Bourbon St. that refreshes about every 2 minutes. I've seen my son on that on during Mardi Gras. (And he was standing up). Didn't see any Sooner T shirts, but then again the humidity was kicking big-time and we were all hunting the h2o. We did make some good pictures of the ship and some smiling faces with the digtal.

10. Rembrant

Rembrant Guest

I got it, thanks Turkeyman! What a great shot! That ship is huge! I can't wait until the 28th of Sept now. What, like 40 or 39 days left? Heh, when I get my parperwork in the mail I'll start counting in the hours!

I'll have to make a better effort to try and catch the sailing next week. I was working today from 2:30 til 5:30 and by the time I got home, it was quarter til 7 :(

Rembrant

11. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Anybody else going?

12. amya

amya Guest

well it isn't going to be crowded if we are the only ones on it.

amy

13. Rembrant

Rembrant Guest

Hey, I won't complain ;) Though I've been on both the destiny and the Pride and I'll say this for them, I never felt crowded once. The Lido restaurants and buffets can be a lil packed at peak times, but I never felt stifled or anything. Funny that when you consider there's like 2000 people on board AND almost one crew member per passenger :p

rembrant

14. amya

amya Guest

I am lookimg forward to goin no matter how many other people are going to be there.
    I work all day then come home and get on the computer and come here and read about and talk about our cruise. We are getting very excited. I have been gathering a wardrobe for two months now. I think that I only have a couple of things left to get now.

Amy

15. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Isn't that strange? The closer the departure date gets, the more careful I am. The last week before sailing, I'm so paranoid that I'm going to have a car accident or something. I drive into New Orleans every morning and. the last week I work before I go, I get in the AARP, (right), lane of the Interstate, holding the wheel with both hands, and looking straight ahead.
    Then the day gets here and.....I'm ready to go. . Me and Chestnut have a golf tournament in New Orleans the day before we leave, but the Missusses will have the packing done. How do you like the countdown?

Post Edited (08-20-03 20:06)

16. Rembrant

Rembrant Guest

I can't see the countdown :( It didn't seem to load.. Course, I'm on a Mac at work and I can always blame it on that ;)

Just had dinner last night with my friend and his fiance' who are going with us, printed out all kinds of stuff for them and we went over all the tours and such, picking, laughing and thinking of what we want to do :) Heh, there's like 36 days left and we are getting all ready and starting to make our packing lists and stuff.. people think we're nuts for doing stuff so early, but hey, you never know when it's going to be a crazy week or more and suddenly it's 3 days before and you have no clue what to pack or laundry done :p

Trust me.. it happened last year that way :p

Rembrant

17. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

I believe there's more reading the posts here that are going on the 28th. I met soo many people on the last cruise. The wife says I never meet a stranger. We had the same crowd up for the sunrises in the mornings. Chatting, drinking coffee, etc. After that, breakfast and then decide what we were going to do. Mostly just hang out on Lido and listen to the band and see everybody. Will probably make the Myan ruins in Cozumel, but other than that, (maybe hang at Buffets' place in Jamaica), we're just relaxing.

Shushi twice a day. It don't get no better.

Post Edited (08-21-03 18:30)

18. Suziequzie

Suziequzie Guest

We're going the 28th!!! Can't wait this is our first Cruise. I've been reading all these message boards today, I can't seem to stop...(been home sick ...cough cough sniffel sniffel) there's so much info, I can't read them fast enough. I'll be the one with a Fruity Tropical Drink in each hand and a smile from ear to ear

19. amya

amya Guest

welcome aboard, we'll see you then.
    amy n dave

20. Rembrant

Rembrant Guest

Good to have you with us! And hey, we are almost up to 40 posts ;) Seriously though, you'll have to join us for a drink or what-not. Hey, 36 days now! ( I Know.. Turkeyman's counter says 37, but I'm leaving the day before for a pre-cruise stay for a night in NO :) )

OKay, it's geting bad.. I'm durn near bouncing in my seat when I write here andread about the cruise now :)

Rembrant