Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Conquest Sept 28th anyone else?

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by amya, Aug 9, 2003.

1. amya

amya Guest

I go to work just to come home and read and write about the cruise daily. I can't believe U am really going to go on a cruise. I won't believe it until I am on the pier.

amy

2. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Yeah, you're going. The time will be here before you know it. Today, in the New Orleans paper, they reported that Entergy has completed raising the power lines, that forced the Conquests' moving to the Gulfport terminal for several weeks. So, it looks like NO is the home port for sure. Back in April we sailed out of Gulfport. Both places are equidistant from the house, about an hour. At any rate, I'll probably watch the ship sail again, online, this Sunday night.

3. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Chestnut said that there are 3500 passengers on the Conquest.

4. Suziequzie

Suziequzie Guest

Thank you....for the Welcome.... drinks and what-not sound like fun!!! Maybe someone can tell me if the drink coupons are worth it? My husband usually will drink a beer, I on the otherhand Love The Fruity, Tropical ones with the cute little Umbrellas. I figure if I buy enough drinks coupons now I wont have sticker shock when we get our final bill. Also, I was wondering if we have a late seating at 8:00 will we miss the evening activities or shows? Don't want to miss nothin :) Any info will help... I'm such a newbie :)

5. amya

amya Guest

Suzie

Dave has been on several cruises and scheduled us for the late seating as well. My parents are old hands at cruising and say you should always get the late seating . I don't think they would say that if you would miss anything.

amy

6. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Suzie,
    I bought some drink coupons this week and have heard two schools of thought on the idea. What each coupon costs, is $5 a piece. If you get a beer for $3.50, and use a coupon, you just lost $1.50, however, if you get a mixed drink that cost $5.75, you saved .75. Someone else on another post said that they would add .75 overage to your sail and sign card, and someone else said they wouldn't. Anyway, I bought some. Late dinner is okay. I was on the Conquest this past April, and from what I saw, the night life didn't get rolling good til after 10. Looking forward to seeing ya'll in Sept.

7. Suziequzie

Suziequzie Guest

Thanks for the info.... Awesome on the late dinner seating, We usually eat later anyway, and I think I'll start buying those coupons now for my drinks.
    Although, let me ask you this... Do you have to have your cabin number in order to order the coupons??? I saw on the carnival site where you can place an order for coupons and gifts online, but they ask not only for your booking number but also your cabin number. I of course got the TBA kind of ticket and won't know what my cabin number is until we get there??? Will they hold them under my name??
    Sorry if I am asking stupid questions...I guess thats way I love these boards theres so many nice people that are willing to steer you n the right direction. I'm also looking forward to meeting you guys too, but from what I read on that earlier post...3500 passangers, I'll be lucky if I bump into my husband :)

8. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

That's a good question. There are no stupid questions when it comes to something you haven't done or experienced yet. (You ought to see some of mine on other Posts)? When I ordered my tickets online, I also saw an 800 number you can call if you don't know your room number. They might be able to answer your questions. Just start to buy 4 drink tickets, using their instructions, and when it comes to listing the cabin # you want the tickets to go to, you'll see the 800 number to call for more info.

9. amya

amya Guest

I was not going to buy any drink coupons, sounds like it doesn't really save you any money, but it might be a good way to budget your drinks, when you are out of coupons no more drinks. I might buy some for that reason.

amy

10. amya

amya Guest

turkeyman

Did you catch the sailing tonight?

amy

11. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

I saw it from the propective of two web cams. Happened to be getting ready for work yesterday am and saw it dock at 4:20 also.

12. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Amy, how did your parents like the Conquest?

13. amya

amya Guest

turkeyman,
    Will let ya'll know the fine details this evening. had talked to them as they were going through customs, said it was great. There both at work today, mom said she would fill us in this evening.
    amy

14. Rembrant

Rembrant Guest

I don't think anyone will miss anythign no matter what seating you have :) My wife and I and our friends booked the early seating. I don't care for eating that latepersonally and like to be the first ones watching the shows and stuff :) I know it cuts like an hour from each port because we need to get back to the ship in time to change and such, but oh well :)

Dangit! I missed the sailing yesterday :( Was at my parents all day. Oh well.

Amy, I forgot your parents were going! Did they like it?

Rembrant

15. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Hey Rembrandt,

If you go to www.nola.com/rivercam/ before 6 tonight New Orleans time, you can go back and see the ship heading down river about a mile from the dock. Roll the time back to 6:25pm. Also, look at 6:26, 6:32, 6:33, 6:34, 6:35. The two earliest times are of the ship going by JAX Brewery, Jackson Square, etc., with the following frames the ship going on down river around Gretna.

16. Rembrant

Rembrant Guest

Awesome! Thanks Turkeyman :) I just took a look and can picture us all on deck as she sails down river :) wow. Definately giddy. Anyway.. the only thing I won't like about early seating is I don't think I'll be on deck for the cast off :( I hope I will be and may skip the dining room that night.

OH! Here's a couple questions for everyone :)

What are the age ranges we have going? Lord knows it really won't matter, but hey, I'm curious :) I'm 26 and my wife is 24. My friend and his fiance are both 26 and 25 respecively.

Also! Who plans on formal night and what's everyone wearing? I'm asking cause I need to buy some formal wear and am debating between renting a tux, or buying a nice suit. I'll prolly opt for the suit mainly cause I have too dang many weddings to go to in the next year :p

what, 31 days left now? I can't see the counters while I'm on a MAC at work...

What's everyone looking forward to on this cruise?

rembrant

17. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Ok, The turkeyman is 51, and I'm not allowed to say the wifes, but she is younger than me. I wore a suit on formal nights in April. There were Tuxes but more suits. (My oldest son is 26). At any rate, it seems just like yesterday I was 21, so I guess I'm not really that old.

18. amya

amya Guest

turkeyman

I missed the sailing last night but I talked to my parents tonight and they loved it. They said it was just as good if not better than any cruise they have ever been on. They usually cruise royal carib. I have an entire list of excursions and prices so let me know if you need any of the info. They also went on a van in jamaica that was awesome, we could schedule it too, if we could get 12 people it would be $20.00 a person, but it took you off the beaten track where the locals go . It sounds much better than the carnival excursion a lot fewer people. Let me know if anyone is interested I'll see what I have to do to book it if we can get enough people.

Amy

19. amya

amya Guest

Rembrandt,

Dave is 35 and I am 33. Dave is going to wear suits only on formal night. I have some formal evening dresses.

We are looking forward to having fun and relaxing.

Amy

20. Suziequzie

Suziequzie Guest

Hi Everyone...
    My Husband Ron is 48 and I'm 39, although, I look like I'm 30 and act like I'm 20 (don't I wish) :)
    My brother and sister-in-law are also going on this cruise too. Maybe he'll make an appearance on this board and say hello to everyone :p
    I am still looking for something formal to wear, all my husband has to do is grab one of his dark suits ....Guys are so lucky!!!
    I wanted to see the pictures of the ship on that rivercam, but remembered to late, maybe next week..
    I called my carnival vacation planner, trying to find out what cabin were in, he has not called me back yet..... doesn't he know I want to go look it up on the deck plans and figure out exactly where I will be ???? Boy this month is going to go by real slow.... This antisipation is going to drive me to drink.....okay, drink more :) Amy, I would love to see that list of shore excursions and their prices, if possible.
    By the way we're from Florida, where's everyone else from?