Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Coral Princess Dolphin deck cabins

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by brassyjan, Feb 15, 2006.

1. brassyjan

brassyjan Guest

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone has stayed in these cabins on the Dolphin deck and how the balconies are without the coverings...we are booked for a Panama Canal trip on that deck and just curious...thanks

2. Snowblower

Snowblower Guest

Did this trip and stayed in one of the mini-suites on Dolphin Deck. The balcony is uncovered just like any Dolphin Deck mini-suite on the Grand Class Ships. If I were to do it over again, I would book one of the four mini's on Aloha Deck (A416, A429, A503 or A504). These are about as private as they come. Have all the good stuff that is in a mini on Dolphin but you are higher up and can see more. Also the balcony is partially covered and nobody can look down on you. Only downside is the balcony is smaller. Have fun, it is a great trip on one of the best ships in the Princess fleet!!!!

3. brassyjan

brassyjan Guest

Hi
    Aloha deck is already book for Feb 2007.........think Caribe deck in the same area would be a good choice for a mini suite?

4. Snowblower

Snowblower Guest

Caribe is not as private but real nice too. I would take any four mini's on Aloha, Baja or Caribe before I book a mini on Dolphin.........

5. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

Part of the Caribe deck is not seen from above. Also these balconies are larger and can fit lounge chairs. We loved the Caribe on the Caribbean and booked one on the Crown for this year.

6. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

On our Coral 2003 Panama Canal cruise we had Aloha A503..and it was suhweet !!!!..so if you can have the Caribe "bump out" mini -suite..I'd take it..next time I am on Coral Or her sister Island Princess...A503 is IT!!.I may have to book it out 18 months ( AGAIN..!!..:lol.. that's how far we generally book out....) buit I will do it...:thumb...have a great cruise.!!!.....:)..Joanne

7. bender4

bender4 Guest

Feeling a little uncertain. I just booked a Dolphin mini-suite today for the Panama Canal. Is it that awful? DH and I don't plan on doing anything on the balcony that no one should see. On other cruises, I notice you just have to look left or right to see into your neighbor's balcony. There were no mini-suites left on Aloha, Baja or Caribe, do I didn't have much choice. Anyone have any positive thoughts????

8. cruiserjanet

cruiserjanet Guest

I have a positive thought, hopefully. We were on the Dolphin deck on the Island Princess (sister to Coral) on two different cruises and have no complaints at all. We had to laugh because there was an elderly couple above us and her robe was a bit roomy if you get my drift. We only noticed because we looked up to say hello to them and nearly got an eyefull. The tenders are right underneath you and, depending on where you are on the deck, you might hear them in the morning when they are being prepared to be lowered into the water but they aren't as loud you might think. Also, the balcony gets more of the elements than the balconies on the other decks. We would be happy on the Dolphin deck again but I am looking forward to trying other decks too to see which one we like best.

9. Snowblower

Snowblower Guest

Bender4,
    Don't be worried about booking a mini on Dolphin Deck. If you could have what I think are the best staterooms, it would be one of the ones listed above. The mini's on Dolphin Deck are a close second to these and I would stay in one again. I would take a mini on Dolphin Deck over any "B" category stateroom anywhere on the ship. You will enjoy this stateroom and the cruise is wonderful. Have fun..............