• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Coral Princess Launch Delayed

M

MK

Oh, I almost can't believe it.! I was counting down the days untl the inaugural Dec. 14th cruise of the Coral Princess. But my travel agent called me yesterday to tell me that the ship's construction is behind schedule and Princess has cancelled the sailing! I guess I should have realized this might be a risk, but to be honest, I never even considered it.

This trip was to be a special anniversary celebration and with the vacation time & airfare already booked, I'm thinking about trying to book a last-minute deal on another cruiseline sailing out of Florida--it looks like RCCL, NCL & Celebrity all have sailings on the same departure date. Anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone else been affected by this? Thanks and good sailing.

N

Newman

I am scheduled to sail on the Coral on January 3, 2003. As a result, I am becoming nervous that our cruise might be delayed as well. I also purchase airfare (not through Princess), so if my sailing is cancelled I will be out the airfare. If cancelled, I will probably try to reschedule with another cruise line.

L

LindaFaye

We are booked on Coral Sea on February 2, 2003 and received a call today from TA saying that Princess is now changing port call at Cartegena, Columbia for Ocho Rios, due to security concerns. We're happy with that change. Also heard first cruise being delayed a week. Too bad, but hope it's not more than a week!!

C

Colleen

Try the website at : www.mytravelco.com for great discounted cruises. Also try the cruise lines themselves for last minute deals. Princess is : 1-800-PRINCESS. You can save a ton of money booking at the last minute.
Good luck.

C

cannonball

MK,
Just wondering, but did Princess offer you any thing as a way of saying "sorry"? Like, major onboard ship credit on a future cruise, etc. :?

L

LindaFaye

Princess News Release says they are offering $500 onboard ship credit to passengers who were previously booked on the 12/14 sailing that was cancelled.

S

sail7seas

December 14 is the date of HAL's Zuiderdam's Inaugural cruise from FLL. Space might be available??

S

sail7seas

sorry...meant to add that the ship (Zuiderdam) has been delivered and has left the boatyard so it will sail her Inaugural as scheduled....barring something very unforeseen.