Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Coral Reef Aquarium-st thomas

Discussion in 'Caribbean Ports' started by Nicks, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Nicks

Nicks Guest

to do or not to do? We figured we could snorkle at Coki Beach as well

2. GP

GP Guest

We didn't do it, we were enjoying the beach at Coki too much. We walked over and decided against it. You can print a coupon for $10 off at their website (Coral World .com)
    Take some hot dogs from the lunch buffet the day before (zip lock bags-in room fridge)-
    The fish will swarm all around and nibble from your hand. Great snorkling there! The cab to and from was $7 per person each way.

3. Nicks

Nicks Guest

where did you find the $10 off coupon? the one on their site is only $3/pp off

great idea about the hotdogs.. i never thought about feeding the fish while snorkling!

4. MikeInPgh

MikeInPgh Guest

Do the fish a favor and take somthing in the bread or grain family like Cheerios or even bananas.

All the crap in hotdogs is not good for the fish (or us either, but I eat them anyway).

5. GP

GP Guest

Hey Mike, I'm a former Pittsburgher myself. I guess your right, but they sure love em.
    There's also a ban at some beaches about wearing sunblock in the water-very bad for the fish. If you rent snorkle gear, they give you dog biscuits.

They must have changed the coupon, it was $10 off per family. If you go, be sure to have the cab drop you off at Coki Beach. You can walk to coral World. There is no admission to the beach, Someone posted that there was. They had walked down from Coral World. I can only think that some locals took advantage of them. We spent 4 hours at the beach and decided against Coral World. We did rent a waverunner for $59 across the road in another beach area.

6. MARIANNE

MARIANNE Guest

CORAL WORLD IS GREAT! WE WERE AFRAID IT MIGHT BE TACKY BUT IT TURNED OUT WORTH EVERY PENNY AND MINUTE. THERE WERE IGUANAS THAT RUN LOOSE AND LET ME PET THEM. HANDLERS LET YOU PET BABY SHARKS. THERE IS A TERRIFIC TOUCH POOL. THERE IS APOOL OF STINGRAYS AND THEY TRY REAL HARD TO GET YOUR ATTENTION BY ACTUALLY COMING OUT OF THE WATER ON THE SIDES. THERE ARE SUPER AQUARIUMS AND THEN OF COURSE, THE TOWER WHERE YOU ACTUALLY WALK AROUND THE REEF INSIDE, NICE AND DRY BUT HAVE GREAT VIEWS. ALL THIS AND A BEAUTIFUL BEACH NEXT DOOR AND GORGEOUS VIEWS. DON'T MISS THIS!