Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Costa is on a roll...Costa Allegra suffers engine fire

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by bob, Feb 27, 2012.

1. bob

bob Chief Engineer Staff Member

A liner owned by the same company as the Costa Concordia, on which at least 25 people died when it ran aground off Italy last month, was adrift in the Indian Ocean on Monday after a fire in the engine room left it without power, the company said.

Costa Cruises liner adrift after fire on board - Yahoo! News

2. George C

George C Well-Known Member

I am waiting for the Costa fire sail, that is a old old ship it was built in 1969.

3. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Well-Known Member

I wonder if they offered SPAM like those on the Carnival ship that drifted in the pacific?

4. Calgon1

Calgon1 Awaiting results of mental evaluation

When it rains ....

5. BSeabob

BSeabob Reinststed due to good behavior-Subject to change Staff Member

BTW that didn't really happen.....:whistle:

6. Ruchela

Ruchela Well-Known Member

Just heard about it.

7. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Really? I thought it did. Thnx for letting me know this. And, although we don't normally eat Spam, we have, we like it, and would
    eat it again if that was the only thing available. :doubleup:

8. bob

bob Chief Engineer Staff Member

If it were life or death and the only thing available to eat was tree bark, pass the ketchup...................................

9. BSeabob

BSeabob Reinststed due to good behavior-Subject to change Staff Member

only if it's Heinz !

10. GloBug

GloBug Senior Flea Coller Tester

Oh, I know I'll be hearing about this from my boss tomorrow! He would LOVE me to cancel my cruise so he doesn't have to have a substitute for my shift. If he mentions it, I think I'll just take extra days off... tell him the ship was full of the norovirus and we couldn't find a port that would let us in.

11. GloBug

GloBug Senior Flea Coller Tester

My phone rang at 8:07am. "SO, THINKING YOU SHOULD CANCEL YOUR CRUISE?" Ha ha, I knew he would call!