Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

COUNTDOWN SPIRIT DEC. 17, 2003

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by Cruzmama59, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

Mayabelle,
    If you go into the Carnival Site. Carnival Cruiseline.com you can get more information about the different tours that our cruise will be doing. Just click on ths Spirit site and when the itinerary site comes up, if you hit on the Barbados or St.Maarten, or Martinique you will get a listing of tours available. Whew---did that all in one sentence.LOL...
    Hope this helps you out.
    Marilyn(Cruzmama59)

2. Lonpalm

Lonpalm Guest

I have a BIG complaint......

TIME IS GOING TO SLOW

3. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

Christopher,
    TIME IS GOING TO SLOW

Pardon my english, but-------------Ain't that the truth.....LOL

4. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

Now let's get down to business cruisemates.
    There is 4 more months to go.
    Who is ready to pack besides me.
    I have already started to get my clothes together and making sure I have everything I need to pack.
    Just put the finishing touch on my cosmetic items and put it in my suitcase. These go in first so I don't forget them. Also put in my nightlight, hand fan, and disposable camera.
    Next month I start with the shoes etc. by the time we are down to the last 2 weeks I am all packed and can then help my family to do their packing.
    It gets more exciting to start packing a bit earlier, knowing that the last few weeks before sailing you are completely packed and ready to go.
    First comes Labor Day, then Halloween, then Thanksgiving and then our cruise. Before you know it, it is time to board the ship.
    Marilyn

Post Edited (08-16-03 21:28)

5. We're in 7260 & 7266. First cruise with a balcony.

Visited St Maarten in March on board Enchantment. Can't wait to get back.

Cheers,

Chopper

6. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

O.K. shipmates, let's bring this topic to the top again just incase there are anymore Spirit Dec.17 cruisers joining us.
    We are now down to 115 more days.......about 4 month......can hardly wait even though I have been on this ship before.....
    Cruzmama59 (Marilyn)

7. Lonpalm

Lonpalm Guest

106 DAYS TOGO

8. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

Christopher,
    That comes to 15 weeks and 1 day right.
    Labor Day is here, next is Halloween, then Thanksgiving and then our cruise.
    Can hardly wait, need this cruise just to relax.
    Marilyn (cruzmama59)

9. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

Well cruisemates, we finally got down to the last 100 days......or 14 weeks & 2 days before we sail.
    Marilyn(Cruzmama59)

10. Lonpalm

Lonpalm Guest

I just called Carnival about what I thought was a price change in our cruise(the 12/17/03 Spirit), and ended up saving $300.00. I got $200.00 in the room with two people, and only $100.00 in the room with three people because the third person rate had gon up. So yall might want to check your rates too.

11. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

Hi again Christopher,
    We are the ones that are keeping this countdown going....
    Also glad to see more people joining in.....
    There are also a few new names that are going that are posted on cruise critic board. Told them to join us here on this site.
    I too checked the rates again after reading your message. Don't know why but it seems that the rates went up a bit here in FL.
    I originally booked with a 1A and was boosted up to a 5A obstructed cabin (ours have a view to the right side which is fine with me..Light, and living here in Fl. I know what the water looks like.LOL) I paid complete (only without Ins. which I can take a month before if I want) for 499.00 complete.....Price for the 5A cabin is now 848.17......without ins.. Big savings for me, plus a will be getting a few bonus in my cabin being that I booked with them so many times. Also booked 15 cabins for them last Nov.
    Last time they gave me champagne,free photo,key chains,carn.hat & a few other goodies.
    Keep checking rates tho. if it goes down again just call again and they will adjust them or give you on board credit.
    Marilyn

12. Lonpalm

Lonpalm Guest

yeah we are the only ones keeping this going....I know what you mean about the price going up, the price for the third person in one of our cabins went up.....I still wish we could speed the time up a litttle.

13. roadie

roadie Guest

Hello cruisemates!
    Can anyone tell me about the parking situation at the Port of Miami? Is it easy to do, or should we park off site and take a taxi?
    Thanks for your help!

14. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

Re:parking in Port of Miami
    They do have a hugh parking lot there, but you have to be there early in order to get up front parking. Otherwise you will have a good walk from the parking lot to entrance of the terminal.....
    Even when you do get a front parking there still is a bit of a walk to the terminal.
    It is not so bad tho, because you drop off your luggage in front of the terminal first then you go park your car.
    I don't know what you mean about parking off site, unless you mean at a hotel where it would be safe. Then I would take a cab and have them drop me off right at the door.
    First find out what they will charge you for the cab fare. If you are from out of town and are staying in a hotel see if they have car service to the ports, it maybe cheaper.
    Marilyn(Cruzmama59)

15. Lonpalm

Lonpalm Guest

ONLY 90 DAYS TOGO:)

16. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

And today makes it 89 days..............
    That makes it less than 3 months now, and that sounds better.................
    Hope all our northern cruisemates are safe and did not get caught in that bad hurricane.
    Marilyn

17. NEK

NEK Guest

hey all ,just made my final payment to carnival. the anticipation is really starting to build now! added another to our group it's now seven in our party. to roadie parking in miami port is asnap just drop your luggage off first then park and it's ashort walk back to ship it cost's a bout ten dollars a day.

18. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Hi Spirit cruisers,
    I am not on this cruise, but have just booked a Spirit cruise for March 2004. Tia, I noticed that you did the Western route on the Spirit before and wondered if you could tell me a little about it. Do you remember some of the excursions that you took and did you enjoy them?
    Hope you all have a wonderful time in December. I'll be anxious to hear your comments when you return.
    Ellen

19. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

Hi all,
    Just make our final payment today for the cruise.
    Only 75 more days to go...
    See you all soon,
    Marilyn

20. We too just paid the balance on our two rooms. Should be getting the docs soon.

72 days to go!

8 Nights, only have to get up early twice! Sun in the morning on the way, sun in the afternoon on the way back. Calypso music wafting down from the pool deck. Coronas klinking in the ice bucket as the sun shines off the azure sea........

Cheers,