Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

COUNTDOWN SPIRIT DEC. 17, 2003

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by Cruzmama59, Aug 10, 2003.

1. NEK

NEK Guest

DOWNTOWN miami is the close and easy way to port plus waterfront park is right there too and it's acool place to hang around

2. Moonglws4u

Moonglws4u Guest

Thanks Nek! Anybody else staying in Miami the night before?

3. cindilouwho

cindilouwho Guest

Staying at the Sheraton biscayne Bay but not landing in Miami until 10 pm so not much time to play. Will get up early to try and see some sights....

Got the room for $40 on Hotwire!

Cindi

Post Edited (11-13-03 16:02)

4. Lonpalm

Lonpalm Guest

we are staying at the Radisson

5. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

Well it is getting closer after today it will be 32 more days. And still no docs yet.
    Here are some more things I bring with me when I cruise.
    1--Extra slack or pants hangers (that I leave on board when we come home) because they never give you enough pants hangers.
    2--At the dollar store I get a shoe bag and put all my toiletrees(sp) in it and then hang the bag on the bathroom door. This way all the shampoos,toothpaste, etc are in one place and not all over the counter.
    3--portable hand fan to take with me when we are on the islands. I get the one with the string so I can put it around my neck when walking.
    4--At the dollar store I also get the water canteens that have a cord that you can hang from you neck. This way I don't have to carry any water bottle with me on the islands.
    5---to make the room smell fresh I usually bring along a plug-in room freshner
    6--a night light and plug it into the bathroom socket.
    7--over the door hanger I put my formal wear on it so it won;t get crushed in the closet.
    8--downey fabric wrinkle releaser...to take out wrinkles from clothes that were in suitcase.
    9---plastic raincoat..(from dollar stores) just in case we get a shower while on island(happened to me many times)
    10-sunscreen,sunglasses (take an extra pair just in case you loose them) bandaids,baby wipes,
    11--travel sewing kit with safety pins.
    so anybody have more ideas of what to bring with you let's hear from you
    Marilyn(Cruzmama59)

6. Moonglws4u

Moonglws4u Guest

Marilyn.......... are you sure your not my Mom in disguise???? Your list is almost identical to hers!!! Christopher what are you all paying for your room?? I got our Radisson on Priceline for $35.00 before tax......... took just a couple of min. and I think it's worth it.

7. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

Michelle,
    I think your mom is around my age, and that is why we think alike, and you are around the same age as my daughter.
    But like I said before age is only a number...I want to have fun...(guess I never grew up and still live in the fab. 50's)
    Marilyn

8. Lonpalm

Lonpalm Guest

I got it for 35 also.

9. acronin

acronin Guest

Does the Raddison offer free shuttle to the port?

10. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

That is a good price for the hotel....Where abouts is it located? I am not too familiar with some of the newer hotels in Miami.
    See you all soon,
    Marilyn

11. Moonglws4u

Moonglws4u Guest

Hey gang,

Here is a link to the hotel: http://www.radisson-miami.com/ Im driving to Miami so Im not sure about a shuttle. I do know it's 5/10's of a mile to the port. Im hoping when we get there to get a room facing the ships. Thought it would be kewl to hang out and drool on the plate glass window ;)

12. acronin

acronin Guest

I'll try the Radisson, we won't be in until after midnight however. 30 days!!!

13. cindilouwho

cindilouwho Guest

Just heard that our documents were produced last week and are being mailed out today from Carnival! Soon we do the doc dance! Woo-woo! :)

Cindi

14. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

Cindi,
    I too spoke to my Personal Vacation Planner at Carnival and he told me they were send the docs out this week..
    Getting closer........after today 28 more days...
    Looking forward to just relaxing during the day, and fun at night.
    Marilyn

15. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

Hi Everybody,

Boy did I get excited today.....,I went to the mailbox and found an envelope from Carnival. & I knew that it contained the docs....But to my surprise they were not my doc's (even tho they were addressed to me) they were for the other grandparents that are going with us....And I booked them a few weeks after I booked ours.
    Well now I know they are coming soon, hopefully will get ours tomorrow.....

Anyone else get theirs yet?

Marilyn

16. Moonglws4u

Moonglws4u Guest

Nothing yet......... sitting on pins and needles!

17. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

YEA...........Now the whole family has their doc's..........
    We received mine in the mail today along with my daughters.......
    Now I am really getting excited.......
    And I thought you all would get yours before I got mine. The doc's come from Miami Fla and were mailed out on Nov. 18th, so everybody should be getting theirs soon.
    Marilyn

18. cindilouwho

cindilouwho Guest

Got an email from my ta saying the docs were mailed out on Monday....but the mail service here sucks! Could be months before I get anything! I will have to live vicariously through all of you! LOL

I have been checking some booking engines and all of a sudden most of the staterooms that were posted as available are showing gone! CAt. 11 went from 8 available cabins (which has been up there for weeks) to 1! My category and several others are now sold out. I think the booking engines show about 10 available cabins on the ship in total. Is that good news for an upgrade on guaranteed bookings!

I feel like I am becoming a "booking detective". I have tried everything to get a cabin number out of someone - but no luck! I work from home and I can barely concentrate on my job...I am always thinking about the vacation. I must really need it!

19. Cruzmama59

Cruzmama59 Guest

Cindi,
    I called Carnival yesterday and told them I was interested in booking a cruise on Spirit for Dec. 17th...Told them I wanted the obstructed cabin on main deck..Was told all of the were sold out. Also sold out was inside cabins. The only one she suggested that was available was outside cabin on Riveria Deck. Another thing I noticed is that the cruise prices have gone up. The cabin I am paying 499.00 (everything included) was over $900.00..(I got the 5A for the 1A price when I booked great deatl and my cabin has a partical view) the 5A's were going at that time for 799.00.......
    By now I am sure you have a cabin # they just don't let you know until a day or 2 before you sail. When I once took a guarantee cabin I called the cruiseline and they told me my cabin # that was the day before cruising..Otherwise you can definitely get your cabin # from the porter at the pier.
    One of the reasons the ship is almost all book up is that we are sailing during the holdiay season. Chanukkah & Xmas, which the ship celebrates both on board.
    If your doc's were mailed on Mon. you probably will get them by the end of the week.
    26 days from tomorrow
    Marilyn

20. Moonglws4u

Moonglws4u Guest

OMG my fingers are tingling!!!!! Im so excited! Still haven't gotten mine but just knowing their out there floating around is enough to make you crazy!!! Marilyn you mentioned that they celebrate both Chanukkah & Xmas...... do they decorate the ship much for the holidays?