Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Couple questions on the Jewel Of The Seas

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Hula Girl, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Hula Girl

Hula Girl Guest

Hi Gang,

We are sailing on the Jewel on Feb 4th for 6 nights. Does anyone know how many Formal nights there are and what nights they are?

I am also wondering if anyone has stayed in Cabin #9658 which is an aft balcony cabin, I am looking for pictures of the cabin and balcony.

Thanks.

2. Elizabeth74

Elizabeth74 Guest

We are sailing in Jewel on the 4th of Feb as well and as far as we have learned there are 2 formal, 2 semi-formal and 2 casual. Don't know what day the second formal will be but I know the first one will be the second night of the cruise

3. smw0621

smw0621 Guest

What is semi-formal? I know there are formal and casual nights.

4. Roland

Roland Guest

Have not heard of "semi-formal", but suppose you mean smart casual.
    According to RCI that means: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women.

5. smw0621

smw0621 Guest

Your definition of "semi-formal" is the same as formal then, right?

6. PH8

PH8 Guest

[quote Roland]Have not heard of "semi-formal", but suppose you mean smart casual.
    According to RCI that means: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women.[/quote]

Unfortunately,that is what most wear to formal nights these days.

7. Roland

Roland Guest

[quote smw0621]Your definition of "semi-formal" is the same as formal then, right?[/quote]

Absolutely not.Formal means formal.
    As RCI says:
    Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

8. Roland

Roland Guest

[quote PH8]

Unfortunately,that is what most wear to formal nights these days.[/quote]

Unfortunately, that´s also my experience.(td)

9. sanjoseca

sanjoseca Guest

Semi formal was a term used ten or fifteen years ago. Now, RCCL uses Caual, Smart Casual and Formal. It used to be jackets and ties for semi formal and tuxes for formal.

Nowadays, some people don't wear jackets even on formal nights. I guess upscale lines have the stricter dress codes though. Then there's NCL!!!

10. Roland

Roland Guest

Your Lordship,
    To me, formal means tuxes!

11. sanjoseca

sanjoseca Guest

Yes I know.

12. Roland

Roland Guest

How does His Lordship know?
    Have we ever been on the same cruise??

13. sanjoseca

sanjoseca Guest

I've seen you in a tux several times, R, maybe it was a dinner jacket. I think we have done two cruises together.....BR July '02, SR Aug, '03. You weren't wearing a Tux last July though as it was Casual:).

14. PH8

PH8 Guest

I LOVE it...........the guys discussing clothing........hehe.think BB should hear about this.........

15. Breeze

Breeze Guest

I'm sitting here laughing like crazy, PH. Who would have ever thought we'd see the day R & San discuss clothes! Now let's see if they decide to discuss where to shop for their casual, smart casual and formal clothes.:D

To the original poster - We did the 6 nighter on the Jewel last year and yes, there were 2 formal nights. We were also in an aft cabin on deck 9, but did not take any pictures. It was a nice cabin though.

16. PH8

PH8 Guest

I forgot you did the same cruise............how were the crepes(hehe--only reason I picked the JW).........

Anyway,back to topic..........

Tux or suit???? Hmmmmmm......you guys have so much to figure out with that...........Prefer a bowtie or tie???

17. Breeze

Breeze Guest

Cummerbund or not to cummerbund ... That is the question! Man, you guys have so many decisions to make on what to wear on formal night. I'm glad us ladies have it so much easier!:girly

18. PH8

PH8 Guest

Basic black or colors???

19. Roland

Roland Guest

[quote Breeze]Cummerbund or not to cummerbund ... That is the question! Man, you guys have so many decisions to make on what to wear on formal night. I'm glad us ladies have it so much easier!:girly[/quote]

Hi Hidden,

Yes, always cummerbund.

20. Roland

Roland Guest

[quote PH8]Basic black or colors???[/quote]

Ob, Depends on color of tux!