• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cozumel

K

KatJan

Has anyone out there done the Cozumel Beach Break to Play Sol? We would like to use these facilities, but I would like to know if it is worth it. Thanks for any input.

R

Rick Weber

Worth every penny IMHO, especially if you want a few drinks, which are included.

We did the beach some what, but stayed mostly at the pool because the beach chairs were not at all comfy. The taxi was $12 US and the tickets $20 US each so splitting the cab fare with another couple is a viable option. The pool is not as big as Costa Mayo but kept clean as is the eatery. Take some cash, for shirt deals and do try the taco deals? Bring plenty of suntan lotion and topless is allowed on the left side of the beach area, out of public view. ;)

N

Nanette

You can get a massage there, as well. Wonderful place.

Neat little shops. Fun beach bar. Yummy margaritas.

I'm looking forward to going back in April.

(If you're NOT a drinker, you might wish to consider just paying $6.00 at the door for enterance....no drinks included)

N

Nanette

Not really.........

They have scattered throughout the water little miniature "Mayan Ruins" that form an "artificial" reef.

It's nothing to rave about. It might be amusing for young children, but it was lost on me.

I sure wouldn't visit Playa Sol to snorkel. Just for the beach and bar.

M

Mark Chatfield

How far was the Cozumel Beach Break from the pier ? How long was the drive?
thanks for your help..

Mark Chatfield

R

Rick Weber

> How far was the Cozumel Beach Break from the pier ? How long was the drive?
thanks for your help..

10 to 15 minutes from the "out of town pier", if the driver has no slow pokes in front. Cabs are waiting out front of Play Sol so when you are ready to leave it is not a worry.

As mentioned, if not a booze drinker pay the $6 at the gate, if so, they are not stingy.

In short you don't need to book this via a cruise line.