Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Creamy Cold Honeydew Soup

Discussion in 'Food Recipes' started by GloBug, Jun 21, 2008.

1. GloBug

GloBug Guest

This cool, fruity soup is an ideal way to start or finish a light dinner on a too-hot-to-cook night. They key is a juicy, ripe melon: immature honeydew is hard and tasteless. Look for a creamy white rind, a velvety (not smooth) skin, and an overall heavy feel. If under ripe, place on the counter out of direct sunlight for a few days.

I followed the recipe, and then ad-libed on the amounts to suit to our taste. It was delicious. I would love to make a blender of this and drink it out of a cup during the day! Be sure to use Greek Yogurt. It's the consistency of sour cream and so good! I used chilled bowls when we had this with dinner. A serving of this soup satisfies nearly half of your daily vitamin C requirement.

Time: 15 minutes
    Servings: 4

4 C cubed honeydew melon
    1/4 C reduced-fat plain Greek-style yogurt
    1 Tbs light floral or orange blossom honey
    1 tbs freshly squeezed lime juice (1/2 lime)
    1/2 tsp freshly grated lime zest (1/2 lime)

PUREE melon, yogurt, hone and line juice in blender untim smooth. Pour into 4 small bowls and sprinkle with lime zest before serving.

NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVING:
    87 cal, 2 g protein, 21 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 0.5 g fat, 0.5 g sat fat, 1 mg. chol, 35 mg sodium.