Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Crew Nationality on Carnival?

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by Diva, May 14, 2003.

1. Diva

Diva Guest

We will be taking Carnival Triumph in September and this will be my first time with Carnival.

I have travelled lots with Princess and know that a lot of the waiters seem to be from places like Romania, Poland, Mexico, etc and the cruise director staff from England and South Africa.

Does anyone know if this is the same with Carnival in general or do their waiters/cruise director staff more American than internationally staffed?

Thanks!

2. YoRay

YoRay Guest

Yo! Tracey,

It's the same on Carnival as with Princess.

3. djwalpa1

djwalpa1 Guest

On the Triumph the crew nationality was very diverse. Many of the officers are Italian. The waitstaff and bartenders and room stewards are South American, those from the former Soviet Union and The Baltic areas. Everyone on board is a true professional dedicated to ensuring you have the time of your life. All speak English well.

4. Dan40

Dan40 Guest

On most cruise lines you will see the same international mix that you saw on Princess. The officers are the exception, each line uses officers of a certain nationality.
    In Carnival's case, Italian officers.
    Deck crews on all lines are heavily Philipino and/or Korean. Laundry workers are Chinese and/or Vietnamese.
    There are very few Americans at sea period. I would guess that we don't like the pay and conditions.
    When NCL gets their American registered ships going, you will see Americans at every job. Its required by law.
    Dan

5. Diva

Diva Guest

I love the international mix of a cruise crew and prefer meeting and mixing I don't usually get to meet in my own milieu.

I was under the impression that Carnival was more American staffed but I guess I was misinformed!

Thanks!

6. YoRay

YoRay Guest

BUT !..........Don't ever be surprised if one day your cruiseship bartender says to you......
    Yo! Tracey, Dan or DJ.....It's me - YoRay from Cruise@ddicts..... An Irish/Italian from Massachusetts...workin' my way around the world.

7. heidi1

heidi1 Guest

The crew on the Pride was from all over the world but the one surprise to us was the Camp Carnival staff. Most of them were from Canada.

Heidi

8. Dan40

Dan40 Guest

Yoray,
    This Irish/Irish origionally from Pa. would hang in that bar.
    Dan

9. dusty

dusty Guest

i think it will be fun to mix with nationalities i normally dont get to be with. i dont care what nationality they are as long as they can understand me and "treat me llike a queen"!!!

cant wait.

10. joebat1

joebat1 Guest

Yoray.........ROTFLMAO ~~!!~~

Yoray HERE......".Retired Captain of the US Searcher... I am the New Captain of your vessel----I am An Irish/Italian from Massachusetts...workin' my way around the world."

11. YoRay

YoRay Guest

Yo! Joe!...As I said in your white-tux guestbook....."You Da Man!"

Yo! Dan! PA.?....I was born in Allentown & raised in Butler.

12. jedgar

jedgar Guest

I do not think you can find many americans that will work 12 to 16 hours a day, 7 days a week for $40.00 a month. It's not only Princes & Carnival it's all the lines.

13. Dan40

Dan40 Guest

Yoray,

Small world -- Born in Pittsburgh, grew up in Sharon.
    Dan

14. jenn

jenn Guest

ROTFLMAO

I just got off of the Triumph May 24th. I had an absolute wonderful time. This was my 4th cruise and the best yet. Everyone that we delt with on this ship was great. but I think our room steward, I can't remember his name we were in room 6465, was the best, he took such great care of us. Also, the drink waiter, Dorin, he was very good also.
    I'm so sad that the cruise is already over, we had the best time. I can't say enough about the staff on the ship, they were great. Thank you for your hard work.

Jenn

15. cruiserlisa

cruiserlisa Guest

We just came off the Pride 10 days ago and the crew was mixed nationalities. Our waiter was Haitian, asst was Romanian, Matre'D was Scottish. One nice thing is they love to tell you about their countries and it is quite a learning experience.

Lisa

16. DeniseZ

DeniseZ Guest

I wouldn't be surprised if when the NCL American flag ships will also have international crews....the only difference is they will need to have U.S. work visas.