• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Crown and Anchor Club Advice

K

Kelly

For those of you who do a lot of RCCL cruising as we do, I just discovered that our last three cruises had not been credited to us in the Crown and Anchor Club. Fortunately, we had saved our charge cards and we have to have a copy made and send to Crown and Anchor to get credits to the next level of membership which has some upgraded features. We would never have known this except that since robes are not provided except to platinum and diamond members (regardless of cabin catagory) when you are on either Legend or Rhapsody, I called to confirm that we would have them on upcoming booked cruises and found this error. They informed me that it is a good idea to check after each cruise to see if you are credit. This is something I would never have thought of as my responsibility.

J

judy

I just upgraded our standing from gold to platinum over the phone last week. I just gave them the dates and ships and he put it in the computer. When we boarded the Viking Serenade last Friday, I checked and our card read Platinum. I will call again and have them add Viking to the list. They did have us in the computer for a cruise in September 1910 (don't remember it, hehe) but I made him keep it on our account anyway. It might come in handy for some contest for the 1st cruiser or oldest customer or something.
Smooth sailing
judy

K

Kelly

That is priceless! So you made a 1910 cruise? Was it through Ellis Island?
I was amazed that they were so lax in their updating. I am going to call all the other clubs from other lines that we cruise and see if they have been updated properly.

Thanks for the laugh of the day!

L

Lady Jag

They are a little lax with updating their records. We noticed that they didn't count our first cruise and called 2 years later, when ready to book another RCI cruise, and asked them why it wasn't on their records. They said it was just a simple error and added the cruise back into their computer.

Kelly - Don't pick on poor Judy; she must be at least 101 years old by now if she was on that 1910 cruise and you really can't blame someone that age for making typos! LOL

J

judy

From what the guy at crown & anchor said, I get the impression they have no way of checking on your previous sailings and have to take your word for it.
Lady Jag, that was no typo, 1910..can you believe it? I don't think they were even in business then. My mother wasn't even born yet! But its in my permanent record and I'm going to keep it. Someday it's going to get me a free cruise or something :)
Smooth sailing
judy

T

trailhiker

I wouldn't get to excited about the platinum card from RCI. We've had it for the last two cruises and other than the use of the robes, didn't get anything else, no fancy luggage tags, no nothing. I love RCI, its our favorite line but they are not giving anything away that I can figure.
We got coupons from the class action suit they lost and I had to really hound them to get the credit. They fought it tooth and nail. Finally about a month after our last cruise we got a check from our travel agent. I have a funny feeling she paid for it herself as a good will gesture (also to shut me up.) We will continue to cruise RCI as we both really feel it suits us perfectly.

D

Divetex

Early boarding is nice, but you have to be a Diamond member to do so. We still have 4 to go for that.

L

Lady Jag

judy - yeah, that's it, you deserve a cruise for that mistake!!! LOL Sounds good to me! :eek:)

10X

How do you check the cruise credit? Although we have only been on 2 cruises with RCI, our third is coming up in February, and I may as well keep this information current.

C

Cruz'n_Carol

Trail hiker, you also get your discount at the onboard shops. When you get to diamond it's 20% and that's really nice!

K

Kelly

You need to call the Crown and Anchor department of RCCL (you will find all the info on the RCCL website, just hit Crown and Anchor), give them your membership number (s) and have them check to see how many sailings are listed for you. If you find an error, be prepared to give them the ship and the month and they will take two on the telephone. Any others, you have to send them a copy of your room charge card (hope you kept them.........I always do as a reference for future sailing in selecting cabins.......... When I mailed mine I also requested that I receive the luggage tags referred to in the catagory I should have been in, and I also requested the $100 discount for platinum members that I should have received when I booked the two cruises we now have with them in 2001, one in September, and one in December. It will be most interesting to see what happens.