Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Crown and Anchor Loyalty Society Benefits

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by jetblue, Jun 6, 2009.

1. PH8

PH8 Well-Known Member

I was just about to say the same thing.........

No more C and A gifts...........

toiletries for DP

Chocolates for suite passengers....................

Personally,I dont miss the gifts or chocolates.................

2. kasey

kasey Diamond Plus Kasey

We had the little toiletries in our JS last week...and the room steward replaced them every time we used any...we finally had to tell him to stop..really we can get more than 1 shower from the bottle of jell...
    My niece across the hall had robes since she is now Platinum AND they had slippers too.. I don't like the slippers anyhow..but just think it's funny how what you get varies from steward to steward..

3. PH8

PH8 Well-Known Member

I LOVE the lotion...........I always ask for extras of those!!:boogie:

4. kasey

kasey Diamond Plus Kasey

Dang...wish I'd known..I would have let him keep bringing us more..it really WAS getting funny...we'd have a bottle of lotion by the sink..and since the little rack below was missing one he'd replace it...

5. Breeze

Breeze <b>Queen Gator</b>

Last time on Monarch I asked our cabin steward for the lotions. When we returned that evening after dinner there were 20 bottles of lotion, shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom! She got really carried away and I had to tell her not to replace any we use. I still had plenty to take home and put then in our guest bathrooms!

6. AJ coast

AJ coast Well-Known Member

The real mistake in the cruise loyalty industry is the lifetime benefit characteristic. You just can't have a sustainable loyalty program that continues to deliver quality when you consistently accumulate thousands of new members who gain permanent status. To encourage continued and frequent cruising, the cruise lines should consider moving to the airline loyalty model- based on a specific timeframe. Though the airlines utilize the calendar year, the cruise lines can elongate this timeframe to let's say 2 or even 3 years.

Furthermore, the loyalty program should incorporate number of nights and pricing into the equation to encourage high yield behavior. That way, you won't have ma and pa kettle taking the Monarch/Majesty every few weekends having the same status and receiving the same benefits as a Oasis/Freedom/Radiance class Grand/Owners Suite passenger...Some of the latter passengers spend more on ONE cruise than some Diamond "lite" members spend on all their cruises combined.

Ultimately, a loyalty program should be in place to reward consistent high-yield behavior, not the sporadic bargain hunter.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  7. cruisingator

cruisingator RCI <b>Tail-Gator</b>

Personally, I just see it as RCI lowering their standards to meet that of the other mass market lines. They are trying to get those of us that are D and D+ to move up to Celebrity and Azamara.

The recent perks that were added for suites is not costing RCI much at all and IMHO they fall short of what other cruise lines offer for suite perks.

Also, they have pay to all of those new ships somehow. Cut a little here and a little there and soon they are saving even more money.