• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cruise Directors

G

gkrebs

Had Kirk on the AOS 2 years ago. Never around much, but for the parties that he had to be at. The guy from the VOS last year was so invisible that I don't even remeber his name.

C

Cindy

Does anyone know who the current CD is on the Enchantment of the Seas? I am sailing on her in 2 weeks.
Cindy

S

Stephen

I sailed Enchantment in January and the CD was Matt Baker from Wales. He was a bundle of energy and a great CD.

T

Tra4

When will Ken Rush return to the Mariner. We've had Kurt twice before and he is ok. Didn't care for Clo on the Brilliance in Dec, 2003, but we loved Gordan Whatman on the Radiance in 2001.

Tracey

E

elliottsmama

We had Gordon Whatman and I just loved him....He is what I think I miss most after the cruise....

M

mel47

We just got off the Navigator and Marc Walker was there, as someone else mentioned in a post above. He was pretty good. He skips/hops/jumps everywhere he goes. Very peppy.

C

cfurry

I'm glad I'm not a cruise director, That has to be a tough job..always on, always up, always performing.

On Rhapsody last year we had a guy from Australia who billed himself as the "Thunder from Down Under." It was obvious his background was in radio. He was actually pretty good, and he kind of grew on you after a while. We didn't make the game shows or talent shows, so our exposure to him was limited. But I kept thinking how grueling it must be to keep at it every day for eight months. Yikes.

M

mel47

I agree with you cfurry,

We were on our way home from our cruise and by the time we got home we thought about how a brand new set of people had already enjoyed their first night in the dining room, their Welcome Aboard Show, the Bon Voyage parade, etc. etc. and that the crew had to behave as if it is as new to them as it is to the passengers. It really is unbelievable the amount of energy and enthusiasm it takes to put on such a huge production every week like that!

C

cfurry

I'll say, and they really aren't paid that much. It's righteous work. I remember at about 6 am one morning my wife and I met our dining room waiter as he was swabbing the pool deck. He looked a little sheepish (or was he just sleepy?) when we said hello. I looked at my wife and said, "Wow. Now that guy works a long day." Needless to say, we tipped him well.

M

MarkO

well, explorer on 6/20 will be my first royal carib cruise, but i took two cruises 2 1/2 yrs apart on celebrity and got John Howell as my cruise director on both....he was only slightly better on the second, but really not good at all.

C

cfurry

Mike Hutterup was the CD on Rhapsody last summer. For some reason, his name just popped into my head while I was reading a few posts.

T

Terrimcc

just back from the Splendour, Warren was the cruise director. We didn't care much for him. I thought he was pretty lame. Terri

T

tinkerme1

Ken Rush is the CD for the Inaugural cruises of the Jewel of the Seas.

P.S. Becky (used to be on the Monarch) is now training CDs! She was awesome!