Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

cruise quick.com

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Tracy1396, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Tracy1396

Tracy1396 Guest

How many have used this service and what kind of luck have you had with this? I just got a quote for an Eastern Cruise on Explorer and could not believe the difference compared to other sites.

2. KathyN

KathyN Guest

I just received my documents for the EOS from my first booking with Cruisequick. I got a great price from them and they responded quickly to all emails. I never had to wait more than 15 or 20 minutes at any time. I would book with them again in a heartbeat.

3. Searcher

Searcher Guest

I have booked my last 8 cruises with them.

Please remember that you have to do the leg work such as watching the web sites for lower prices if you are looking for lower prices. IE write down the RCCL asking price and next to it write cruisequicks price with the date. If you see a drop in cost from the RCCL website, drop a note to Ed@ or sales@ and ask them to check into the price reduction. It only takes one query and then you seem the get on an automated list that gets you every drop until they stop, if they drop at all that is.

Some may jump in here and post something like, my TA does that automatically but guess what... If one does not check one does not know if ones TA is keeping up on all bookings in a timely manner and if one watches the RCCL site, every day, to see if their TA is doing their job then one does not need their TA to begin with.

Others may post that their TA is the best and NEVER under bid. Those are the same people who buy new cars for 10K so take those posts with a grain of salt.

With that I am amazed how many "The Best" TA's there are out there and NONE can be under bid. Heck, if I get 5 of them working for me and keep sending them lower bids, I should be able to cruise for a few bucks and the port charges. ;)

Just so this does not sound like a cruisequick commercial, I am disappointed with them for mucking up a quote on the Brilliance for over Christmas. They had two weeks to get me a price for a specific cabin, 2002, and did not send me a quote until I was onboard The Enchantment this June so I lost that booking and they lost a cruise as did I. :(.

They also messed up their "Your docs are in the mail" E-mail to me for the aforementioned back to back to back which prompted my call to RCCL and that is where I got the info that one did not need their docs to begin with. :) BTW... I did get the docs 7 days before leaving on the first leg. Maybe they had some internal glitches as I had no problems with any of the other cruises I booked with them and the only REAL problem was an unsent quote which was not a problem per say.

Have fun and do fill in and print the on line documentation from the RCCL site. That should be done by everyone. Doing so gets you onboard much faster and with less hastle. :)

Will I book with them again? Sure, because their prices can't be beat! LOL :)

4. cfurry

cfurry Guest

We are about to embark on our first cruise ever, and we booked it through cruisequick.com. The previous message has some really insightful info, and while I am happy with the service overall, you must realize that all they do is book the cruise for you. You should konw exactly what you want, and even ask for a specific cabin number or range of cabins (deck diagrams and cabin descriptions are easily accessible on travelocity, expedia and other sites). In fact, it helps cruisequick if you can be as specific as possible. I've found them to be very responsive as well, and I received my cruise documents two days after I got their email alerting me that they were on the way. So I have no complaints, but only because my expectations were set going into it.

Also, be aware that RCI considers cruisequick to be your travel agent, so RCI tends to be rather tight-lipped when you call them for information. ( A couple of times when I've called for info, the RCI person has said, "You're booked through a travel agent so you'll have to ask them.") Yet if you can ask questions generically, without giving them a reservation number, then they're just fine. This is a particularly good tactic if you want to confirm whether or not a specific cabin has an obstructed view, things like that. (I'm not sure you'd get that kind of info from cruisequick, which keeps its quotes low by focusing on booking and booking only.) That said, I have asked Cruisequick several questions (all via email) throughout this experience and they've answered every one. It's quite a little operation.

One last thing: Since I'm a newbie cruiser, I did call RCI to confirm that I was paid in full (only the paranoid survive, after all). They did at least confirm that, which gave me the requisite warm fuzzies that I most likely made a good decision by going with with cruisequick.

I'll use them again.

Safe travels,

cfurry

5. Camelia

Camelia Guest

Based on what I read, I emailed Cruisequick, asking for a balcony upper deck quote for Glory, 3/20/04. That was 24 hours ago. I am little bit disappointed, since somebody said that they never waited more than 15 or 20 minutes. Camelia

6. Ali

Ali Guest

I emailed them before booking my back to back on the Adventure. Never heard from them so I went back to my original TA. Others have had great success with them, give it a try and see what happens.

7. rogerpl

rogerpl Guest

I've asked for quotes from Cq many times and there prices are usually lower. The response time is usually 10 to 20 minutes.

8. cruisernh

cruisernh Guest

just took the plunge today with them. very quick response time. We booked our last cruise with them no problems. I think e-mail is better than listening to music or voice mail!

9. cfurry

cfurry Guest

Just completed our first cruise, and it was booked with cruisequick. It went off without a hitch, exactly as planned. The fact that we got a great price, of course, made it even better.

Now, if I had emailed them and didn't get a response in several days, well, I'd probably feel differently. They do have different email addresses based on what you're asking for, and they have a limit to the number of quotes they'll provide before you actually make a reservation. These may have influenced the sluggish response.

We will use them again, for sure.

Safe travels --

10. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

It's taken as long as 3 days to get a quote from them at times, other times, only an hour or so. If you ask a question about a quote or booking, they seem to respond much quicker. My sister used them and had very good luck with them.

11. Camelia

Camelia Guest

Must be me! I send cruisequick 2 emails, from different computers, using a different email address, 2 weeks and 1 week ago, and still nothing. I am very specific in what I want, Glory - Eastern Caribbean, 3/20/04, Balcony Upper Deck, 2 adults, 1 child. This is very frustrating, especially after reading about all the low rates people are getting. Maybe somebody who has had luck with them can email them for me, asking for a price quote and on the above mentioned cruise and then forward me their response. I am just very curious on their rates. Camelia

12. cfurry

cfurry Guest

Camelia,

I'd say that's REALLY unusual, even for an online agency.

Were you emailing them with a request, or did you fill out the Quote Request Form? These are two very different things, and the cruisequick.com site specifically asks that people not email them for quotes. (I know, sounds like a pain, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy.)

Anyway, I believe the Glory is a Carnival ship, so here's the URL for the Carnival Quote Request Form. This is the page you fill out to request a quote:

http://cruisequick.com/req/quote_req.asp?CL=CCL

Good luck!

13. Camelia

Camelia Guest

cfurry, I feel pretty stupid since I have been doing it wrong. I seems I did the quote request. I went back to the website and searched again, and came to the link you show. The last times I never ended up at the correct form. So why do they have that quote link if we are not supposed to use it? Anyways, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I will send the correct form now, and see what happens. Camelia

14. Camelia

Camelia Guest

It's me again, the one who did it wrong twice. I used your link, cfurry, and got a response within 15 minutes. Wow. Their quote for a balcony guarantee for 2 adults, 1 child, came to about $260 less than my TA. It's worth it. My question is: do they adjust the price downward, should prices go down in the coming months? It's hard to decide when to book.

15. magnumcoog

magnumcoog Guest

Darn, who put this thread up here?? I have a cruise already booked through me TA, but went ahead and ask for a quote from cruisequick.com, #&#&!@^ Cruisequick.com was $542 less than what I currently paying. I have given my TA such grief and she is a gem, maybe I will just chalk this one up to experience and stay with my TA. Any little white lies anyone can think of that I can use? I just talked to my TA an hour ago, telling her that she was under Travelocity by $150. Oh woe is me.

16. jpennin217

jpennin217 Guest

Unfortunantly cruise quick did not beat our price for the Mariner on 2-01-04. If you have a costco membership you might check them out also. Beat cruise quick by $200 per cabin....

17. DanaVA

DanaVA Guest

I just got my docs Saturday from them for my 2 upandcoming Sovereign cruises. They even credited my charge card for the full amount of the C&A coupon that I sent in AFTER my final payment had been paid.

I'm very happy.

Dana

Sovereign of the Seas - September 4 and 7 sailings!

Post Edited (08-19-03 17:03)

18. magnumcoog

magnumcoog Guest

Does Cruisequick take AMEX?

19. imlulu

imlulu Guest

We just booked with Cruisequick yesterday for our upcoming cruise. So far so good!

20. CruiseQuick will lower the price is you advise them . They run a tight ship and do not have time to constantly check the rates. If they did they could not get back to you in 15 minutes.