• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

cruise quick.com

C

Camelia

I did it, booked for the Glory using cruisequick. And yes, they take AMEX. Now, I don't think I can wait until March 2004. Camelia.

T

Tracy1396

I am the one that posted this thread. After reading one of the posts about getting a cruise through Costco cheaper, I decided to call Sams Club which we are a member. They beat cruise quick on pricing for the same room, their insurance was alot cheaper, they refund the insurance money if you have to cancel and you are talking to a live person. Thank you to the person who said they use Costco.

C

Camelia

OH, don't tell me that cruise quick can be beaten. Stupid question: what is Costco? I am a member of Sam's Club too. Since cruise quick is refundable until 76 days prior to cruise, I can still shop around.

T

Tracy1396

Camelia, Costco is like a Sam's Club, membership fee etc. I had told the gal that I was talking to, what the quote was from Cruisequick and told her the room number and she at first quoted me one price before she had Cruisequick information then when I stated what they said, she said just a minute and then came back with a lower quote. Between the lower quote of $50 per person and the insurance only being $59 per person vs $120 per person from cruisequick, all total it was less.

C

cfurry

Wow, this topic generated nearly as many responses as the request for tips on smuggling alcohol onboard!

Camelia, I'm glad it worked out that you got to book through CruiseQuick. I have heard time and again that they beat traditional travel agents and even lots of other onlines, and this was true in our case.

As for Costco, I'm a little surprised (but happily so) that it's possible to beat CruiseQuick using a live agent. We're Costco members as well, so we'll at least try to get a quote from them next time we book. From the responses, though, it doesn't sound like Costco always beats CruiseQuick on price, but sometimes is better than never. And the cheaper insurance, so long as the coverage is similar, definitely factors in.

It sounds like having a CruiseQuick quote in hand is a great bargaining tool for securing the lowest possible price elsewhere, whether you're calling Costco, Sams Club or even a traditional cruise agent. They can either beat it or not, I suppose.

God, I want to book another cruise just to wheel and deal a little! But that could quickly develop into an expensive hobby. :)

cfurry

M

magnumcoog

Well I called my TA to have my current booking that she made transferred to CruiseQuick. My TA offered $200 on board credit if I stayed with her, I went a head and stayed with my TA instead of switching. I was going to give my TA some cash for putting up with me. I am still about $200 "in the hole" by not switching to CruiseQuick, but my TA is special lady so stayed with her this time and I can sleep well. Next cruise I will check out CruiseQuick first so I can save myself so me grief.

By the way CruiseQuick answered about 7 emails that I sent to them, and response on each one was less than 30 minutes.

My boss is thinking about going on an Alaska cruise with her church group next summer and I got her a quote from CruiseQuick and it was about $250 less than her group rate.

Someone mentioned about hearing that some cruise booking agents are giving out senior citizens rates, I do not see how they are doing that as I when I was thinking about transferring my current booking I got the same price as if had been a new booking.

There are things that CruiseQuick can not offer if there is a mix up and you are not near a computer, so guess piece of mind is worth a few dollars.

C

Camelia

Tracy, thanks for informing me as to what Costco is. I live in Florida, they must not have them here because I never heard of them. I called them for a quote, but since I am not a member this very unfriendly lady informed me that she can't help me. Fair enough. I don't feel like becoming a member just to get a quote.

Sams, however, first gave me a quote that was $200 more than cruisequick for the cabin. I mentioned my cruisequick price, and she suddendly found a "special", but it was still $86 more than cruisequick.

Camelia

S

Searcher

Camelia wrote:

> Sams, however, first gave me a quote that was $200 more than
> cruisequick for the cabin. I mentioned my cruisequick price,
> and she suddendly found a "special", but it was still $86 more
> than cruisequick.
>
> Camelia

Those "I found a lower price" tactics would send me packing. You should get the best price right off the bat which is what you get from CruiseQuick.com unless you find that your sailings price has dropped by monitoring RCCL's web site. If you let them know they will lower the price and keep doing so on subsequent price drops, if they occur.

G

We book with Sam's Club. Have tried other places, but can't beat the prices they have. Understand, but can't verify that Cosco has books cruises.

P

paulfredo

What's wrong with asking your TA if they can match a price? I disagree that you should always get the lowest price of the first quote. Some will match a lower price to keep a customer's business, even though it cuts into their normal margins or they are even in a money loosing situation in this booking (they have to make money to survive, so I don't blame them if they quote one price, and then lower it if you inform them that there are better prices).

The other thing to consider is WHAT IF THERE IS A PROBLEM? I don't mean that the TA (cruisequick or any other) caused the problem... but what if something goes wrong at the cruiseline's end (that's happened to me when the cruise line cancelled my cruise two days before sailing)? What if it happens just hours before you are leaving home for your cruise? What if you need to talk to the TA and you don't have computer access at this point? I can tell you, when it happened to us, it was sure great to have a TA we could talk to on the phone to help us straigten things out. I'm willing to pay a little more for good service, and not just quick quotes.

Most of the time, I don't need much if any help from my TA in the quote and booking functions. But there are a lot of factors to consider besides the absolute lowest price in quotes and booking. Sometimes my TA's price is lower that cruisequick, and sometimes not. But it's going to have to be a big difference to justify lowering my service expectations.

paul

D

Donnajo

I do agree somewhat with the above post. However, if it is 3am and you have a problem on your trip, your agent sure isn't answering the phone at that hour either.
If you can get to a computer, you can get through to cruisequick. (they man the computers 24 hrs a day) I have used them for booking my last two cruises and had very good service.
Still can't find any one to beat or even match their pricing MOST of the time.
I might try Costco or Sam's though.

Donna

T

TODD320

SO far CruiseQuick has been great. They made a mistake on a Quote and they honored it. They gave me a single cabin for the price of a double per person rate. Saved me $ 500 off there already low rate. First time using them, but off to a good start.

L

Lady Jag

It is VERY hard to beat CruiseQuick's pricing. I know - I was going to go back into being a TA until I found out how little I'd be making. If I matched Cruise Value Center & CruiseQuick's pricing, I'd be $10 in the hole on our own booking. The agency I was working for was going to make 3%, me: zero, ziltch, nada, nothing! So, these online agencies are making about 2% per booking, at most.

Where they make their money is when the prices drop and people DON'T ask for the price reduction. Many people don't know about it, don't care or don't want to take the time to deal with it. For me, I couldn't be a TA and do that to people. IMO, it's dishonest. I would want my clients to get the best prices, always. It's just not a money-making thing unless you can book in massive volume like these agencies do. So, good luck to these 'biggies', the little guys just can't compete. And, I'll be giving CruiseQuick a call too!

M

Melrosgirl

I used them recently and had no problems. Very quick email replies (the way I see it - if you are going to have an internet agency, you need to reply to emails within 24 hours - no more than that). Cruisequick replies within 20 minutes every single time. They booked my cruise, gave me the cabin I wanted, etc. and I checked with RCCL and it is an accurate booking.

Very happy so far!