• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cruisin out of The BIG Easy - Reduced Deposit $ALE

Einstein

Over the years the SS Cruise @ddicts Cruise Ship has circled the US in an attempt to give as MANY C@'s a chance to be part of a cruise with fellow @ddicts as possible. This is only a discussion at this point in time but the probability is quite HIGH that in late Feb/Early March 2013 there might just be a ship sailing out of The BIG Easy with C@'s onboard to finalize SS Cruise @ddicts trek around the country in an attempt to give as many C@'s a chance to cruise with one another before she goes into retirement. So if this might be up your alley then stay tuned for further developments later this fall. I think we might just be able to appropriately call it "The LAST Hurrah from The BIG Easy" for the SS Cruise @ddict. :biggrin: If nuthin else it should be one heck of a Pre Cruise Party and U can guarantee cruising with a HURRICANE. :cheer: Here is a sample itinerary on the RCCL Navigator of the Seas if this comes to fruitation. :whistle:

Last edited:

S&M in Pgh

Re: Cruisin out of The BIG Easy

Retirement?? Don't you have to have a job before you retire?

Since the proposed timing falls over a most important holiday in our household, we would be very interested.

Mike

tango55

Has definite possibilities! Always wanted to visit New Orleans - and what better excuse than to meet other Addicts?

Keep us posted.

Terry

Einstein

Retirement?? Don't you have to have a job before you retire?

Since the proposed timing falls over a most important holiday in our household, we would be very interested.

Mike
U smarty pants U. :no: Although I have heard it MORE than once. :whistle:

After maws Bucket List Cruise
one would think we would have a Ghost Booking in hand from RCCL so that would eliminate the suspense. :clap:Corky ... Someone here is drilling into me that I MUST cruise from the BIG Easy at least once so its probably pretty much a sure thing that we will be onboard. So I guess I best heed those orders. :whistle:

It should be one heck of a Pre Cruise shindig with Bourbon Street beckoning for ALL C@'s presence to get into the cruisin mood.
:cheer: Southwest flies there as well so that is even better. :boogie: Anyone care to bet who celebrates with the 1st Hurricane??? :biggrin:

Last edited:

The Cruiser

Sorry, no can do. Going to have a GRAND time in San Fran and the Grand Princess in March '13. :biggrin: :whistle:

iluvcruzin

Something I'd be interested in. I have a ghost booking and I like cruising out of NOLA too. Dusky - it would be great to meet you in person.

Einstein

i would like this cruise. its close to my home.
Hopefully U will be onboard DuskBat. Now can we count on U to do a recon for us on The Navigator of the Seas and put toghether a video series for US??? :thumbup:

i would like this cruise. its close to my home.
Terry .. I f we can not get U onboard for next May then we will just have to settle for one out of The BIG Easy. :doubleup:

Sorry, no can do. Going to have a GRAND time in San Fran and the Grand Princess in March '13. :biggrin: :whistle:
That is a FABULOUS Cruise TC so enjoy that countdown and take LOTS of Photos. :boogie:

Something I'd be interested in. I have a ghost booking and I like cruising out of NOLA too. Dusky - it would be great to meet you in person.
Would love to have U & Keith along Maureen if everything worx out and the timing fits your schedules. :clap:

Last edited:

Lurline63

We can't get away that time of year, yet we wish you a wonderful time. NOLA is on my wish list...I've never been there.

Einstein

Oh Yeah!!! Just let us know when, and Oscar and I will be there. Easy drive from here.
:doubleup: Count on it as we know U and Oscar always have a most accommodating cabin for the Garbage Can Parties. :biggrin:

Lisa ... At least we will get to see U in Oct. and thoroughly look froward to it and the Bean Town tour. :boogie:

Einstein

Anyone sailing out of New Orleans lately on the NEW behemoths have any photos or stories of how close they come to passing under the bridges on the way out to the Gulf???

Looks like these folks had a good time sailing out. :spyglass:

[video=youtube;aS3BxDo1K1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS3BxDo1K1w&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

iluvcruzin

The largest ship we took out of New Orleans was the Golden Princess some years back. Prior to that it was the Granduer. Honestly I don't remember going under a bridge but do remember going slowly down the Mississippi. I'll give a report when we get back from the Voyager which is the same class as the Navigator.

Einstein

The largest ship we took out of New Orleans was the Golden Princess some years back. Prior to that it was the Granduer. Honestly I don't remember going under a bridge but do remember going slowly down the Mississippi. I'll give a report when we get back from the Voyager which is the same class as the Navigator.
Hmm .. Thought at one time I read about height restrictions limiting ships up to The BIG Easy??? :huh: We look forward to your in depth recon for this cruise when U return Maureen. :doubleup:

Keith & Rita

We had a New Year cruise scheduled from NOLA on the NCL Sun for Dec 2005. A not so nice lady called Katrina changed our plans. The Sun cruise was moved to Houston and we had to change our plans from driving to port to flying.
We are interested in this cruise. I have not been to NOLA since the early 70s to visit my late father, who moved there after hurricane Camille hit the Mississippi Gulf Coast in 1969.
Jan 2013 will be my retirement date--at least for social security if there is still any!