• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cruisin out of The BIG Easy - Reduced Deposit $ALE

duskbat

Re: Cruisin out of The BIG Easy

Sailing down the Mississippi is the best! amazing to be on a ship that cruises so close to land on both sides.

Einstein

We had a New Year cruise scheduled from NOLA on the NCL Sun for Dec 2005. A not so nice lady called Katrina changed our plans. The Sun cruise was moved to Houston and we had to change our plans from driving to port to flying.
We are interested in this cruise. I have not been to NOLA since the early 70s to visit my late father, who moved there after hurricane Camille hit the Mississippi Gulf Coast in 1969.
Jan 2013 will be my retirement date--at least for social security if there is still any!
Sounds like a Gr8 retirement cruise to me. :boogie: As for the Social Security part hopefully it will be. :doubleup:

Will keep EVERYONE in the loop when something gets finalized by year end. :biggrin:

watergirl

Would for sure be interested in joining in on this group cruise. It's about a 7 hour drive for us to New Orleans, we usually try to get there at least once a year. Have sailed out of the Big Easy twice, but not on R.C. It's an experience sailing down the Mississippi--very interesting I thought.

nieciez

Community Sponsor

Your special Lady is right E....NO is a wonderful place to cruise out of. Have done it 2x and would love to do it again. Now to win that lottery as we would LOVE to be there for the last Hurrah...and everyone in between.

Einstein

Would love to have EVERYONE along on this one and the ship IS BIG Enough for it. :biggrin: Reality does enter though and life does get in the way whether it be with other plans or allocation of budget $$$. If we win the lottery we will pay for EVERYONE'S cabin so then all U will have to work on is the other issues in life. :boogie:

There has been a small amount of research done and it looks like Mardi Gras if 2/12/2013, Easter is on 3/31/2013 and the Jazz festival is usually in April so we are thinking the 1st week in March is a midpoint in between Mardi Gras and Easter and might be the best. :whistle: More details will follow the Bucket List Cruise so stay tuned. :clap:

Last edited:

iluvcruzin

The Jazz festival is fantastic. Once I took a cruise out of Tampa that stopped in New Orleans as a port of call many years ago. It was the weekend of the Jazz festival and there was so much entertainment going on. Hotels would be hard pickings at that time of the year.

Keep in mind its a 7 day cruise. If you go past the beginning of March, plan on many spring breakers onboard with tons of kids.

Einstein

The Jazz festival is fantastic. Once I took a cruise out of Tampa that stopped in New Orleans as a port of call many years ago. It was the weekend of the Jazz festival and there was so much entertainment going on. Hotels would be hard pickings at that time of the year.

Keep in mind its a 7 day cruise. If you go past the beginning of March, plan on many spring breakers onboard with tons of kids.
Gr8 points Maureen and one of the reasons why we are leaning toward the March 2, 2013 sailing. :doubleup:

maw

Wordsmith

Putting this on a possible dreamm list for Paw and I. Love to cruise out of New Orleans. Time will tell if we are up to it in 2013. Have been thinking abt another western cruise-probably will pick up ghost booking on Bucket cruiise.

Einstein

Putting this on a possible dreamm list for Paw and I. Love to cruise out of New Orleans. Time will tell if we are up to it in 2013. Have been thinking abt another western cruise-probably will pick up ghost booking on Bucket cruiise.
Cuz E is a BAD influence on ya maw but then again what would ya do without me??? :evil: Sounds like a plan on the Future Cruise Booking front in Oct. :boogie: I will lead the way. :biggrin:

Corky

No cruising for us in 2013 - son has started grad school - so we can't make any plans past our 2012 Ruby cruise until he is done. But....we may be able to drive down to NOLA and have a mini-meet!! :doubleup:

Gayle V

Cruiser's Compass Editor

I just looked at the RCI page, and saw that this cruise is already open for booking. When can we sign up with the group? We don't want to miss out on the really good cabins.