Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Cruisin out of The BIG Easy - Reduced Deposit $ALE

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Einstein, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Re: Cruisin out of The BIG Easy

It does, doesn't it? I already know which hotel I'll stay in. Not telling though because I don't want a run on it. Ha-ha-ha! Just kidding... :biggrin:

2. Einstein

Einstein Well-Known Member

Sorry for the lateness in replying Gayle as I am jumping thru hoops it seems these days. :madd: Had not thought about it really with everything else going on but I will make some contacts. :doubleup: Right now my gut says to wait until we return from maws Bucket List Cruise as we have quite a bit on our plates with the final planning stages for that cruise. :whistle: I will let U know however what I hear and glad to hear U are VERY interested in this cruise. :doubleup:

3. Einstein

Inquiring minds wish to know your secret??? :biggrin:

4. mnjmann

mnjmann New Member

Just so you know for planning Mardi Gras 2013 is February 12th.

We have gone out of the Big Easy several times and have enjoyed it each time. Scheduled for RCL Jan 2012 and NCL Feb 2013.

5. Einstein

:doubleup: One of the reasons why we are shooting for the 3/2 or 3/9 sailing. :boogie: Thanx for the info and enjoy your upcoming New Orleans cruises. :clap:

6. Gramma Ann

Gramma Ann Well-Known Member

I vote for the 9th. We have a lot of activity the first of each month. Doesn't mean we couldn't do the 2nd though. I'm hopeing for one of the two Junior Suites that are wheelchair accessible. Now to look at hotels.

7. Gramma Ann

Can I put in a vote for the 9th? Of course we will go on which ever is chosen. Just usually have more things going on on the 1st of the month.

Now I'm going to start looking at hotels.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
  8. Einstein

I thought we were ALL staying with U and Oscar and U were providing FREE shuttle service to the ship??? :evil: Glad to here U are interested and we are sort of leaning toward the 2nd but only with a slight list. :biggrin:

9. Gramma Ann

:madd:Well, shoot. I didn't realize I'd posted twice. Just didn't see first one, and thought I had forgotten to hit submit.:hammer:

If Mardi Gras starts on the 12th, then the 9th will not be too good. If we did the 2nd, than anyone wanting to stay after the cruise could experience one amazing party.:biggrin:

10. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Well-Known Member

I personally prefer the 2nd because the 9th is farther into Spring break and the odds are super high it will be filled with families..

Mardi Gras is February 12th 2013.

11. Einstein

Gr8 Minds think alike Maureen. :doubleup:

12. Gramma Ann

I just called Skyscraper and spoke with Kelli. RCI is not accepting bookings for March 2 sailing or March 16th sailing. She said the 9th is open for booking. Also said it usually means there is a charter cruise when this happens. Hhhhuuum?? leaves me wondering.

What thinks you?

13. iluvcruzin

I called RCCL a couple weeks ago and they said it wasn't chartered and offered to book me a cabin. Not sure what the deal is.

14. Gramma Ann

It is obviously a conspiracy to make me crazy!!! In order to get one of the 2 JS one must book very very early. So someone there must not want me to have one. Gerrrrrrrr :hammer::madd::hammer:

15. nieciez

nieciez Well-Known Member Community Sponsor

If Mardi Gras is February 12th wouldn't Feb 23rd work as I would think the bulk of the festivities will be over by Feb 17?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  16. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Well-Known Member

Hello gang...what a fabulous group to play with...

sigh...*EXCEPT* I have a 15 years ago promise on a full Panama Canal cruise booked, for January 2013...and now getting my Parents to Baltic is in the works...and I WILL not forsake that..it's taken me DECADES to get this Parents trip in line!!!:clap:
    BUT...$$$$/Vacation days.. is always on "The ruin fun horizon" until Mark retires in 5 years...:(..

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:.

so unless Power Ball Visits you Jim, or me..we can't go.....but I will keep looking in and praying we hit Big Lotto!!! Hugs Kiddo.....Joanne and Mark

17. Whimsy

Whimsy Well-Known Member

Looks like prices are slightly less that sailing as well.

18. Einstein

I have a call into Jenn so will hopefully get this scooped out today. If it is a charter then the 23rd might very well be a good option. :biggrin:

19. audrey

audrey Well-Known Member

that would be great for me that means Iwill be cruiseing on my birthday again

20. iluvcruzin

2/23 is fine with me. :)