Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Cruisin the Holiday

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by Kawi, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Kawi

Kawi Guest

Hi. My family is booked for the Holiday out of New Orleans on 10/3...any info about the ship and the Camp Carnival would be greatly appreciated! 4 weeks away. I'm so excited!! Thanks in advance! Kat

2. WALTER POHLE

WALTER POHLE Guest

Kat,

We just got back from the cruise you are about to go on. I got to tell you, it was AWESOME. However, it was my first cruise ever so I don't have much in way of comparison. It's and older ship but it has been ranked #1 in terms of customer satisfaction (compared to other Carnival cruise ships) for 5 weeks straight!
    The cruise director was very congenial and he could have been a stand up comedian. We went with another couple and this was their second cruise. Previously they went on the Carnival cruise out of Miami...the non-smoking ship (the name escapes me). They said that the hospitality was far better on this (Holiday) cruise.
    We left the children at home so we didn't utilize Camp Carnival however, it appeared as thought the kids were kept busy at all times.....

Don't miss the shows, especially the one the final night.......

If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail me directly.

Have fun!

3. Kawi

Kawi Guest

I'll be there! 10/3/02...I'll be the 1st one in line!! Just look for the fool w/ the big smile!

4. GFrancis

GFrancis Guest

Hi Kawi ! We're on the Oct 3rd Holiday also. I guess we'll be second in line! First cruise for us and we're excited. I've read many good reviews about Camp Carnival on other boards. See ya in NOLA.

5. Kawi

Kawi Guest

GFrancis....great to hear you are on the cruise! It's my 3rd cruise and I loved them all!!

6. Cruisin Mac

Cruisin Mac Guest

I would have to say you are in for a great time!!! I'm a Carnival Crew Memeber and have many friends working on the Holiday. I too, at one time called the Holiday home for six months. First, let me tell you, she is the oldest in the fleet. But, dont' let this fool you as she is still in good condition and is definetly a "Fun Ship". The Cruise Director that is there now is Carnival's original Cruise Director as he brought out CCL very first ship. His name is Dave Armour. He is a character!!!
    CCL has something for everyone. So, don't worry about being bored or even the younger ones being bored. The Camp Carnival Program is great. I have seen many youngsters cry as they leave the play room. I have a good friend who is a youth counselor on the Holiday. Her name is Alison from South Africa. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask her as she is such a sweet girl.
    Remember, you are on vacation!!!Your vacation will be what you make of it.

7. kruisinkat

kruisinkat Guest

CruisinMac, Thanks so much for the information on the HOLIDAY. There are so many conflicting reviews on the ship. But I'm believe as you do, a vacation is what you make it. I haven't been on a cruise yet where I didn't have a great time! I'm looking forward to my trip.!!!

8. cruzman

cruzman Guest

My sister in law and her 2 sisters sailed on the Holiday in March when she was sailing from Mobile. They absolutely loved it! You will have a great time!