Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Cuba cruise in September

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by jeb2006, Mar 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jeb2006

jeb2006 Well-Known Member

My wife & I was thinking of going on a NCL cruise to the Bahamas and Cuba at end of September.
    We have done Caribbean cruises before but always in Jan. or Feb.
    Was wondering if it is "too risky" to cruise at end of September because of hurricanes???

2. BSeabob

BSeabob Reinststed due to good behavior-Subject to change Staff Member

There is always a risk when on an Ocean from the weather. There is a greater risk of being subject to weather issues, delays and itinerary changes in the "Hurricane" months one of which is now September. The major cruise lines have procedures that they follow and with modern technology and planning they haven't had major problems in years. There is a saying that sometimes "Ship" happens, but over all the advantage of cruising in those months of somewhat lower fares compensates. You just need to be aware that weather could play a part in your schedule and that of the Ports you visit.

3. George C

George C Well-Known Member

I avoid this time of the year for cruising, ship will avoid any major storms which could cause you not to stop in Cuba , but that is a long shot. I would also love to book Cuba

4. bob

bob Chief Engineer Staff Member

But George..........
    the upside is that they get to spend 5 days in Bahama
    as for me if I wanted to make sure I got a shot at Cuba because that was my prime objective
    I would make sure it was a cruise during low season for hurricanes

5. jeb2006

jeb2006 Well-Known Member

My wife and I have booked Cuba cruise at end of Sept.
    Hoping not a mistake.
    Cuba and The Bahamas so close together that I can't imagine a hurricane not affecting both places at same time?