Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Cuban Cigars in Grand Caymen

Discussion in 'Caribbean Ports' started by Hondo71, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Hondo71

Hondo71 Guest

Where is a good place to buy Cuban cigars near the tender area in Grand Caymen? How much should I expect to pay?

2. richard1s

richard1s Guest

There are several cigar stores within a 10 minute walk of the tender area in St Martin; all have a wonderfull selection of fresh Cubans. I recall paying bewteen $8 to $15, depending on size. This is one of the great aspects of visiting these ports and sailing, enjoy.

3. richard1s

richard1s Guest

Opps, I meant Grand Caymen;

4. Don M

Don M Guest

But don't forget Cuban cigars are not illegal on the ship, but they are illegal to bring back to the states. I always put mine in my wife's bags. (Just kidding).

5. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

:lol Don!

6. Erinm

Erinm Guest

So if I want to bring some back to bring into Canada, I can't do that? I'm coming into Miami, but I guess that would be considered bringing Cuban's into the states huh?

7. traveler2004

traveler2004 Guest

The cheapest place to get them is in the supermarkets, like Fosters Food Fair.

8. ZefH

ZefH Guest

I was on the Carnival Pride in May 2004. The cruise director said the fine for bringing a Cuban cigar into the United States is $1,000 ... per cigar! He said Canada does have a trade agreement with Cuba, so you can bring Cuban cigars into Canada. However, our ship (and likely yours) is going to dock in the United States. Our cruise director suggested a smoke off on the last night of the cruise. So, unless you can get the ship to make a side trip to Canada prior to docking in the United States, I suggest you don't carry the cigars with you on your return.

9. lonw

lonw Guest

I have brought them back with me everytime. Pack them, don't put them in your carry-on bags. The dogs are trained to find drugs and fruits and veggies, not cigars.

Watch out for the fake cubans, over 95% of the cubans are fake. There is only a few authorized dealers, plenty of fakes.

10. loopy

loopy Guest

Could you have them shipped back to Canada? Would they be stale by then? Just an idea.

11. alwzrgt18

alwzrgt18 Guest

I thought personal consumption was permitted to bring back to the states.

Went to Dominican Republice for Christmas and brought back aroung 30 - no questions

12. Erinm

Erinm Guest

I'm sure no one would object to a pit stop in Canada. But I'd have to get them to go to Vancouver as that's closer to my home... Does the Valor fit throught the Panama Canal??? :eek:)