Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Dawn Beach St.Marten

Discussion in 'Caribbean Ports' started by Hooked, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Hooked

Hooked Guest

We're trying where to go while in St. Martin. Our main interest is snorkeling. We are considering Pinel Island. I have doing some research, and it seem like Dawn Beach is a nice place for snorkeling. Has anyone ever been there?? What's the best way to get there, or any info anyone has on it.

2. Jlynd

Jlynd Guest

I had read so much about Dawn Beach that I told my daughter to go there with her friends while they were in St. Martin last May. They rented a car and drove all over the island. They loved Dawn Beach but they did not snorkel there so I can't tell you if it is any good for that. I hope this helps.

3. Sidetracker

Sidetracker Guest

I have also been looking into snorkeling on Pinel Island. Carnival use to have shore excursion going there, but I am not sure if they do any more. Any idea on how to get to Pinel Island on your own? Never heard of Dawn Beach - looking forward to any responces you might get on how the snorkeling is and how to get there.

4. JohnG

JohnG Guest

<http://www.interknowledge.com/st-maarten/index.html>

Has a map with both Pinel Island (at top just northwest of Orient Beach on the French side, and Dawn Beach on the east Dutch side)

5. Hooked

Hooked Guest

Thanks John. I'm trying to get a first hand account of Dawn Beach, from someone that's been there.

6. Sidetracker

Sidetracker Guest

Great map and info. Thanks John :thumb