Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Disembarkation time and early flight Connie Barcelona

Discussion in 'Celebrity Cruises' started by sima, Aug 7, 2002.

1. sima

sima Guest

Hello,

I am booked on the August 31 Connie cruise from Dover to Barcelona. I have an early flight 11:30 AM. I am also a Captain’s Club member.

Does anyone know how soon can I disembark the ship? The ship is supposed to arrive to Barcelona at 6AM.

Thanks in advance,
    Sima

2. CruiseDiva

CruiseDiva Guest

Barcelona... I have flown out of there several times and the last time was in May this year. We were at the airport when the Delta counter opened and were fairly close to the head of the line. It took about a half hour check in, provided that you don't get selected for the full security routine. Then you go through passport and security checks and it's not far to the gates.

We spent a couple days in Barcelona after our Windstar cruise because the only time we could get a flight was 10:40 am and we just wouldn't have enough time to make it from the ship to airport (Delta has added an afternoon flight since then). In my opinion, it would be cutting it VERY close to make an 11:30 flight. You'll be on a much larger ship--ours was Wind Surf with only 300 passengers and they didn't begin disembarking us until about 9am. We arrived in Barcelona about 7am. Even if you arrive in port at 6am, they will still take their time clearing the ship.

I'd suggest a later flight if one is available or a post-cruise night in Barcelona. It's a marvelous city!!!

3. maria

maria Guest

Sima - at the customer relations desk onboard just tell them you are Capt. Club and they will give you piority disembarking. You will get special luggage color tags and be amongst the first to leave.

4. sima

sima Guest

Hello,

Thank you very much for the information.

All the best,
    Sima

5. Sandy R

Sandy R Guest

Hi Sima... my husband and I are also on the August 31 Constellation cruise. Some of us on CruiseAddicts and Cruisecritics are getting together the 2nd day on board, which is the 1st sea day, lunch at noon at the Ocean Grill aft outside. Hope you can make it. Sandy

6. sima

sima Guest

Hi Sandy,

I'll be there.

All the best,
    Sima

7. shirley

shirley Guest

Constellation - Aug 31

Hi Sima....We will also be on this cruise...Will meet at lunch on first sea day...
    Have you purchased excursions for the ports or do you have other plans?
    shirley

8. PaulS

PaulS Guest

Re: Constellation - Aug 31

We were on the first sailing of the Constellation in May that went roundtrip from Barcelona. Itwas the best and fastest disembarkation that we have ever experienced. They started calling bag tag colors before 7:30 AM. We were the third or fourth group off and left the ship around 8:00 but our color had been called about 30 minutes before we left. If you are getting a taxi to the airport, there was a wait in the taxi line of about 15 minutes. Based upon our experience, you should not have any problems getting off early.

9. sima

sima Guest

Hi shirley,

I plan to buy some shore excursions the first day I'm on the ship, not all of them.

All the best,
    Sima

10. sima

sima Guest

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for the information.

I have a question: do you know how to make a phone call from a public phone on the pier?

Thanks in advance,
    Sima

11. PaulS

PaulS Guest

There are public phones outside the pier terminal, but we could not figure out how to make them work. Inside the terminal though, there is a room where you can make calls and they charge you by the minute. We made a call to the States and it was only a few euros. I was skeptical that we would be taken, but that was not the case.

12. sima

sima Guest

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for the information.

All the best,
    Sima

13. Frank

Frank Guest

We normally purchase them on the ship but this time we bought the one we wanted to Rome in advance because we didn't want to miss it if it was sold out.
    Frank-in-CA