Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Disney Cruise vs. Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by amychacha, Mar 5, 2012.

1. amychacha

amychacha New Member

Hello all! I am hoping for some feedback. We have traveled on both the Disney Dream and most recently the Disney Magic. We are scheduled to travel on the Disney Fantasy next February. That's where the Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas comes in. Ideally we would like to travel during a school vacation week as we have three children who will be 10, 8, and 7 at the time of travel. Unfortunately, the Disney Fantasy is already quite expensive that week. However the Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas is in our price point for the exact same week and more or less the same destinations, Eastern Caribbean.

Has anyone traveled on both Disney and Royal Caribbean? Which would you recommend? I am sure there are pros and cons to both. But, I ultimately plan and finalize the trip for everyone going, including my parents. We have a certain expectation and do not want to be disappointed.

Any information you could share would be great! I have until tomorrow to make a decision.

Thanks.

2. bob

bob Chief Engineer Staff Member

Have sailed RC but not on Disney, you know the kids will be going ballistic on Disney, what kid wouldn't, but on the other hand as you have already mentioned, there is a lot more bang for the buck on RC as Disney is one of the most expensive out there. But don't dispair, there is a lot, did I say LOT of things for kids those ages on RC and they have a fair kids program so I would not worry about them having a good time, they just won't run into mickey and goofy. As for the parents, gotta lean towards RC.

What are the expectations??

RC isn't Disney, really two different markets, but it's a good ride..

3. Gayle V

Gayle V Cruiser's Compass Editor

Hey, they may not run into Disney characters, but they are likely to see Shrek, the Madagascar Penguins, and Kung Fu Panda on the Allure.

4. Gayle V

Gayle V Cruiser's Compass Editor

Wish I could be of more help, not having sailed on Disney, I have no basis for comparison, and no experience of the kids programs. But if you just want to know more about the Allure (as a ship) there are lots of u-tube videos that show what it has to offer. Here's a few good ones. I especially like the first two, that are really mini-movies produced by Royal Caribbean to showcase their ship. The other videos show a lot of it also.

New Royal Caribbean Movie: Royal Reunion -- The Short Film Directed by & Starring James Brolin - YouTube

New Royal Caribbean Movie: The Allure of Love - A Short Film Directed by & Starring Jenny McCarthy - YouTube

Oasis of the Seas "World's Largest Cruise Ship" - Tour and Highlights - YouTube

Oasis of the Seas Ship Tour- PART 1 - YouTube

Allure of the seas - Ship tour - Royal Caribbean - YouTube

As for how good the food is, or how good the kids program is, your best source is probably to hunt up some reviews.

Good luck.

5. bob

Where did they find that many midgets out of work.............

6. mrsrocster

mrsrocster Well-Known Member

I can vouch for Allure as well, my review is posted here from 2011. We loved it, but didn't have kids in the kids program, but we did see where it was and it was a busy time as it was Easter week. While I've been to Disney World and know that they put out an excellent product, my brother and his family have sailed Disney and echoed their attention to detail and service. That being said, you can't go wrong with RCCL, especially on the big ships like Allure, especially with the Shrek characters and the Madagascar characters......they are great! So, I'd say, save a few bucks, try a new line and see what happens? You probably will really enjoy it! If you decide on the Allure, make sure you pre-book your shows and specialty dining, you'll be glad you did! You can do all of that online once you have your booking confirmation number and when you are within a certain window before sailing (they'll tell you).

Bon Voyage!

7. bob

Don't ever be afraid to [h=1]Explore, Dream and Discover[/h]