disregard

J

jk

If Bruce needs a good deworming he can come here. We have plenty of stuff from our dog adoptions :grin Just kidding about the deworming Brucie but not about coming here and helping on a Saturday with the dog and cat adoptions :thumb

D

Donna - dsw

Checking posts from my vacation - and here I find this. I guess I did miss something!

Hope you are doing okay today with the worms!

R

Rubysky

Here ya go Bruce, just what the Dr. ordered . Giot rid of those woirms.

G

GloBug

At a xmas gift exchange, my BIL got a box of stuff to get rid of your Lice, if you happen to come down with that, too. Inside, outside... gotta take care of yourself, Bruce!!!

C

conniecat

Live Ducks brings you Full of facts and interesting tidbits about ducks.

A girl duck, or hen makes a loud QUACK sound while the boy duck, or drake has a raspy, muffled call.

Touching a duckling doesn't prevent the mother duck from taking care of it. It is however best to leave ducklings alone so as not to scare the Mom duck away or accidentally injure them.

Ducks sleep with half their brains awake. Ducks are more likely to sleep with one eye open when they are located on the edge of sleeping groups. They can detect predators in less than a second.

Duck eggshells have tiny holes (pores) that allow it to breathe. A hen's eggs can have 7500 pores, most found at the blunt end of the egg. Respiratory gasses as well as water vapor travel through these pores allowing the egg to breathe. For more information on egg anatomy and facts visit The Provincial Museum of Alberta website.

Ducks can live 20 or more years with good care and feeding. The world's record is held by a Mallard Drake that lived 27 years. Quacktastic!

Baby ducks are precocial, meaning they are born with their eyes wide open, with a warm layer of down, and are not fully dependant on their parents for food. Ducklings are ready to leave the nest within hours of hatching.

The first Pekins were imported to the United States around 1873.

A clutch is the total number of eggs laid by one bird during one nesting session. Clutch size affected by hereditary and environmental factors. When food is abundant, birds lay more eggs.

A brood is the total number of hatchlings, or ducklings in a clutch.

Ducks have very good vision, and they see in color.

Did you know that a duck's quack doesn't echo? Nobody knows why.

J

jk

Bruce, I thought it was probably too far but I thought I'd try. We desperately need help at our adoptions so I thought I'd ask :) I'ts so much fun I don't know why people don't want to help :grin

As for your deworming, I'll leave that to your wife :grin

B

bOB

The last thing you want to do is leave "his" de-worming up to Sharon....... God Bless Bruce, was nice knowing you.......

J

Jill B

I don't know how I can be of any help here. Now poor Bruce has worms :dizzy and connie has ducks. I think I should go and have a shower, or something....

B

bOB

Bruce, you have outdone yourself, seven pages of pure crap and you are totally responsible ............