Distance from Baltimore Pier to BWI Airport

S

Stargazerm31

How far is it from the Baltimore pier to the Baltimore-Washington Airport. What would be the soonest you would recommend getting a flight after returning from a cruise at the Baltimore port?

Thanks gang.

B

Bungeeman

About 16 miles.

Earliest I would recommend would be noon or later. You'll probably find yourself sitting at the airport for a couple of hours, but that's far better than missing your flight.

J

JohnG

14 miles, 23 minutes according to the Mapquest map at
<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.py?Pyt=Tmap&tarname=&tardesc=&osd=&newname=&newdesc=&dsd=&newHash=&newTHash=&newErr=&newTErr=&newFL=Use+Address+Below&newaddr=2700+Broening+Highway&newcsz=Baltimore%2C+MD+21222&newcountry=us&newTFL=Use+Address+Below&newtaddr=BWI&newtcsz=&newtcountry=us&Submit=Get+Directions> which is the link from the Port Authority website.

The biggest problem in making a connection is the time you get off the ship. We spent hours waiting, and were not off the Galaxy till about 11:30am.

T

tinytim

I almost screwed up bad when I went from Baltimore, cuz I forgot to look at return time of ship. Nearly every cruise I had been on got in at 7 am, so I figgered a departure around noon would be tons of time. EXCEPT cruise gets into Baltimore at like 9 am....and that's if it's on time. I BARELY made it.....and.....as luck would have it....the flight was delayed anyway....lol.

Soooooo....I would suggest a later time and avoid the anxiety.

S

Sea Nanna

I would say it's about 30 minutes from port to airport. There is a lot of construction being done at BWI so you might want to add a little more time due to traffic jam ups.