Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Distance from Baltimore Pier to BWI Airport

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Stargazerm31, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Stargazerm31

Stargazerm31 Guest

How far is it from the Baltimore pier to the Baltimore-Washington Airport. What would be the soonest you would recommend getting a flight after returning from a cruise at the Baltimore port?

Thanks gang.

2. Bungeeman

Bungeeman Guest

About 16 miles.

Earliest I would recommend would be noon or later. You'll probably find yourself sitting at the airport for a couple of hours, but that's far better than missing your flight.

3. JohnG

JohnG Guest

14 miles, 23 minutes according to the Mapquest map at
    <http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.py?Pyt=Tmap&tarname=&tardesc=&osd=&newname=&newdesc=&dsd=&newHash=&newTHash=&newErr=&newTErr=&newFL=Use+Address+Below&newaddr=2700+Broening+Highway&newcsz=Baltimore%2C+MD+21222&newcountry=us&newTFL=Use+Address+Below&newtaddr=BWI&newtcsz=&newtcountry=us&Submit=Get+Directions> which is the link from the Port Authority website.

The biggest problem in making a connection is the time you get off the ship. We spent hours waiting, and were not off the Galaxy till about 11:30am.

4. tinytim

tinytim Guest

I almost screwed up bad when I went from Baltimore, cuz I forgot to look at return time of ship. Nearly every cruise I had been on got in at 7 am, so I figgered a departure around noon would be tons of time. EXCEPT cruise gets into Baltimore at like 9 am....and that's if it's on time. I BARELY made it.....and.....as luck would have it....the flight was delayed anyway....lol.

Soooooo....I would suggest a later time and avoid the anxiety.

5. Sea Nanna

Sea Nanna Guest

I would say it's about 30 minutes from port to airport. There is a lot of construction being done at BWI so you might want to add a little more time due to traffic jam ups.