Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Do people really "hide out" on their balconies during the life vest drill?

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by LadyJag1, Feb 21, 2004.

1. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

i agree, the same thing is on tv and i hang out on my balcony...

2. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Hey c'mon guys..You and everyone else aboard is in danger. I've learned a long, long time ago to appreciate the awesome power of an ocean. You've never been on a vessel with 60 foot waves slamming over the bow and the ship listing like i've never even wish on my worst enemies.

Believe me. The people on board weren't thinking about hanging out on their balconies saying to themselves.....I was only ten years old and remember this like yesterday.

" When you have been forced to put a vomit/sweat smelling vest around your neck while standing/sweating in the sun for 45 minutes ONCE, that is ENOUGH...

They will have to FIND me to make me go.." AND....."the same thing is on tv and i hang out on my balcony..."

Guys.. this is a ship. It is on water...You and the ship are at the mercey of mother nature. I'm sorry but if it can happen, it will. If a ship CAN sink, it WILL sink. if It CAN catch fire, it WILL catch fire

I'm sorry to sound so strong, but get off your high horses stop being arrogant and downright lazy, and attend the muster drills. I'm not yelling, but it's just so important.

3. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

I think that if you have enough sense to know where your muster station is in the event of an emergency , and know how to put on a life vest, youll be fine, i think after 15+ cruises everyone gets the point by now.. I dont mean to sound like a know it all, but hotel rooms post emergency exits on the back of your door, and the hotel never has a what to do in case of a fire drill.

I also grew up on boats all my life, and am well versed in putting on a life vest.

Normally we will watch it on TV, and then when its over later on after our snack on the lido, just go find where our muster station is on our own.

Im not saying its not important , but some people are elderly , or claustrophobic (SP??) and have been on more than 1 cruise to know whats going on with the muster drill. But its not a crime, not to show up, and both of cabin handbooks have stated that its MAritime law for the ship to have it, not maritime law for you to attend it.

4. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

:lol Ok Melissa, Ok

5. Cali

Cali Guest

No I do not like the vests but I look at the muster drill at the offical start to my cruise. I go, get it over with, and get underway.

Cali

6. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

There ya go cali. Like you say.. no biggie. :)

7. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

hey ken2001 always nice to see you on the boards :) with that NY way about you :)

8. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Melissa!! :lol Yes, it's nice to see you too! You know? I've tried to email you several times but I'm just not gettin' it. I guess I'll try my work email.

Ya darn muster dodger!! :lol

Jersey people!! sheesh!! :lol

9. Yes, everyone should go if it's your first or 10th plus cruise. But I've know people we were with in the past who drank too much after boarding the ship, passed out, and they were not forced to go to the drills.

10. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

hey now ken i am originally a long islander !!!!! i moved to jersey so i can afford to cruise more often :)