Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Door Decorations

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by els689, Jun 17, 2008.

1. els689

els689 Guest

Does anyone do this? We're sailing with another couple and I thought it might be fun to make fun door signs. I've seen posts on other websites about this and wanted some other opinions. Also, we're sailing on Mariner. Does this ship (or all RCCL ships, for that matter) have metal doors for magnets? TIA
    :wave

2. suer182

suer182 Guest

Yes people do this. Especially when a group from this board sails together, they have a contest. I put up the C@ door banner flag. BUT do not put up anything important, valuable as some of the other passegers might take the decorations. That has happened on a few cruises. I think the doors do have a coating that allows magnets to stick, but something like that can be easily removed.

3. amylynn24

amylynn24 Guest

I was on the Explorer of the Seas and some had door decorations. Go ahead and decorate, the worst they can do is tell you no.

4. els689

els689 Guest

Thanks for the info.=COOL

5. lizzitish

lizzitish Guest

On our last cruise aboard the Jewel of the Seas, I went to the local dollar store and bought the type of decorator wall stickers that can be removed easy(I chose the seashell motif).....Our cabin steward loved them...every once in a while she would move them around just to play with us. Go ahead, decorate and have a great time!

6. els689

els689 Guest

I think I'm hitting the dollar store today! Thanks for the idea.

7. PH8

PH8 Guest

We used door signs someone in our group made up...............laminated them and put velcro(double sided) on it........stuck to the door and came right off when we took it down...

8. lillian854

lillian854 Guest

[i]My cruises always are on Christmas. I always decorate not only my door I also decorate some cabin. If it has a window or a balcony, I put some things so I can see them if the ship is on the side of the pier.

It's wonderful to have some Christmas spirit on that week.[/i]=docdance

9. magroo

magroo Guest

I found these great removable stickees that are a port hole. Seeing as we and the couple we're traveling with have interior staterooms I thought it'd be fun to each have our own "window". LOL I'm also making signs for our doors that we wives can use when scrapbooking our pictures after. Saw these cute palm trees at the dollar store. I may just go back for them. they'd be fun in the room.

10. sanjoseca

sanjoseca Guest

Do you guys decorate your aircraft seats when flying to a cruise.......or is it just the cruise lines that get the cluttered doors that take away from the nice decor on board? I think the decorations are tacky.

11. PH8

PH8 Guest

[quote sanjoseca]Do you guys decorate your aircraft seats when flying to a cruise.......or is it just the cruise lines that get the cluttered doors that take away from the nice decor on board? I think the decorations are tacky.[/quote]

Not our fault you are so grumpy and antisocial...no one wants to know what room you're in..

12. sanjoseca

sanjoseca Guest

Yeah, and I like it that way.

13. mkitchy

mkitchy Guest

Love the door decorations!!!:)P)

14. sanjoseca

sanjoseca Guest

Seems like there is an increasing amount of poor taste aboard ships now.......too bad.

15. PH8

PH8 Guest

[quote sanjoseca]Seems like there is an increasing amount of poor taste aboard ships now.......too bad.[/quote]

Are you always so pleasant??:cool:

16. sanjoseca

sanjoseca Guest

[quote PH8][quote sanjoseca]Seems like there is an increasing amount of poor taste aboard ships now.......too bad.[/quote]

Are you always so pleasant??:cool:[/quote]

You already know the answer to that.

17. PH8

PH8 Guest

[quote sanjoseca][quote PH8][quote sanjoseca]Seems like there is an increasing amount of poor taste aboard ships now.......too bad.[/quote]

You already know the answer to that.[/quote]

Yes, I sure do...

18. sanjoseca

sanjoseca Guest

Alice......one of these days.....

19. PH8

PH8 Guest

[quote sanjoseca]Alice......one of these days.....[/quote]

To quote one of BB's fav songs....."WHO THE HE!! IS ALICE?"

20. magroo

magroo Guest

[quote PH8][quote sanjoseca][quote PH8][quote sanjoseca]Seems like there is an increasing amount of poor taste aboard ships now.......too bad.[/quote]

You already know the answer to that.[/quote]

Yes, I sure do...[/quote]

From all of sanjoseca's responses I've seen on the boards I'd expect nothing less. LOL Guess the thing children sometimes sing is true..."Every party needs a pooper. That's why we invited you." :lol