Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

dressing to formal

Discussion in 'Alaska & Pacific Northwest Ports' started by first time cruisers, Apr 7, 2004.

1. I have bought one long evenig gown, very beautiful, & looking to buy one short sexy cocktail dress, would this be to much ?? very excited about our first cruise & will be our 20 th ANV so are there any lady out there that can be of some help to me???

2. doreen

doreen Guest

Hi, I took my first cruise last year and found on formal nights the ladies attire varied from full length gowns to short cocktail dresses. I wore short. I will say that most people looked very elegant. This year I again will bring short cocktail. What you bought sounds perfect.

Enjoy! It is a fabulous time.

3. Zia

Zia Guest

Your choices sound great. Anything goes! You'll see long formal, short dressy, etc... I recently wore one of each on my last trip. However, in the future I think I'll just stick with short black cocktail dresses. They're classic and easier to pack!

Zia

4. BarbaraK

BarbaraK Guest

I agree your choices sound just fine! :) Have a great cruise :)

5. suzylee

suzylee Guest

Would my husband feel out of place in a suit as opposed to a tux? Wait, I'll rephrase that - he wouldn't care - would I feel that my husband is underdressed if he doesn't wear a tux? (first time cruising )

6. rbrighin

rbrighin Guest

Suzylee, he (and you) will be fine if he wears a dark suit. In my experience it is about half and half ratio of men in tuxedos/dark suits.

Enjoy your cruise.

7. BSeabob

BSeabob Guest

oh....... just tell him he has to wear a tux....that's what you would like to see him in isn't it????? :)

8. BarbaraK

BarbaraK Guest

My hubby wears a dark suit and he looks just fine :)

9. BSeabob

BSeabob Guest

Hey now......... it was just a guy comment :)

10. kimmy

kimmy Guest

I always dress up on formal nights and, depending on the ship, so do lots of folks.

I love to wear a long dress because I rarely get to at home but also enjoy wearing short cocktail.

Both your choices sound perfect!