Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

drink prices

Discussion in 'Norwegian Cruise Lines' started by mitch, Feb 6, 2003.

1. mitch

mitch Guest

coincidering my first ncl cruise.....what are the drink prices abord the ship?

2. Mitch, what a cool name, that's my son's name. Anyway we just got off the Sky and I believe the prices are about the same on all NCL ships. If I remember right, house wine was about $4.50 per glass and mixed drinks even if you called your brand were $3.95. Yes, less expensive than wine. We are not beer drinkers thus can't give you those prices, think hubby had one, but really don't remember what he paid. The run daily specials, morning specials, pool specials, etc every day as well as beer specials. Overall I think you will find the prices cheaper than on land. The one thing that was a bit more I noticed was Brandy, but how many of us spend the day or evening sipping Brandy? Not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy cruisin

Nita

3. mitch

mitch Guest

thank you for the info!

4. Lisa101

Lisa101 Guest

NCL also offers a soda (pop) card thing. You have to call NCL to find out if your ship has this promotion. I'm going on the Majesty and for the 4 day cruise we pay something like $17.00 and it gives us unlimited pop - I'm was kinda bummed when I found out that pop was a "pay-for-drink". Depending on how often you are going to have pop this is a good deal.

Have a great trip

L

5. Dave

Dave Guest

I believe I paid somewhere around $4 for beer and $5 or more for wine. Specialty drinks are somewhat more. Just a word of caution, the drinks are far too expensive and the bar tab adds up if you don't keep an eye on it. It is a good idea to pay your ship board account off every couple of days as it is easier to review the charges that way. Also a 15 % tip is automatically added to the price of the drinks. I have heard of some new cruisers that didn't pay too much attention to the tab and added a further tip not knowing about the 15 % add on.

6. Mitch, wine can be $5 and more, but much of it is under $5.00 per glass. Yes, its true about the 15%. All your literature will mention that. As far as drinks being too high, as I said cocktails, even call brands run about $3.95. I don't know where Dave is used to drinking, but I didn't find the prices high at all and things in NM are pretty cheap. In Dallas cocktails were $5.00 and more at any of the better restaurants and wine from $4.00 to $7.50 per glass. I don't drink much beer so can't comment on that.

Nita

7. Dave

Dave Guest

Hello Nita, I am not much of a wine or liquor drinker. I enjoy a glass of draft beer but it is not always available, only bottles or cans. I am used to paying about $4.75 for a pint (20 oz.)of draft here in Toronto. I find paying $4.00 or more for a smaller bottle and then converting that amount to Canadian (about $6.00) tends to make it fairly pricey . I guess our dollar is one of the penalties of being Canadian. ( : - )

8. jaybee

jaybee Guest

I'm very late responding to this thread, but I hate to have you start on a cruise thinking your drinks will cost $3.95 each. We were just on The Dream in Feb., and there seems to be a bit of confusion on Nita's part. There is one featured cocktail each day that sells for $3.95, plus the automatic 15%. Other drinks are generally $4.50, or $5.18 with the tip, and if you don't call your brand, they don't seem to know what you want. They do add up fast. I think some of the liqueurs were $3.75. Of course, we each had a drink at the Sheraton, and they were a bit over $15.00!
    Have a great cruise! Cheers!

9. Jean, both on the Sun last spring and the Sky in January this year drinks, DH only drinks scotch were $3.95 at dinner, at every bar and in the show room and he did call his brand. (Johnny walker) As for me, I usually drink wine and it ran $4.50-$5.50 per glass. Marinis (regular, not trendy) $3.95. The fruity tropical drinks were more and top brandy was $4.95 and up. I think it has to do with what you are drinking: infact we have cruised NCL 6 times and the drink prices have never changed.

Nita

10. rellersi

rellersi Guest

Normal mixed drinks on Majesty in January were 3.95 in an 8oz glass. They also sold mixed drinks in a 12oz hurricane glass for 5.95. You could keep the glass and get refills for 4.95. The souvenier glasses, which seemed to all be plastic were more, something like 6.95 or 7.95. The daily specials were usually the same price as regular drinks depending on the glass, but if you did not ask for a regular glass they gave you the 12oz or the souvenier glass.
    They also had this thing called a bar hopper card, where you had to get drinks at 6 different bars. If you filled 1 card you got a free shot, 2 cards a souvenier glass with your choice of drink, 4 cards 4 beers in a bucket, and 8 a bottle of liquor to take home. The list of liquor was quite extensive.