Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Duck Tape

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Gramma Ann, May 4, 2001.

1. Gramma Ann

Gramma Ann Guest

Of the many uses for duck tape - here is a new one for me. I work for a major housing authority, posting clients rents etc. Today I received a payment and the envelope was resealed with DUCK TAPE. All over the back, lapped over the top, bottom, and both sides. My envelope opener DID NOT LIKE IT AT ALL. HOT!

I think this beats the wedding gown hem repaired with duck tape.

2. Shelli

Shelli Guest

Contrary to popular belief, duct tape has nothing to do with quacking birds. Rather, it is named after the heating/plumbing ducts it was originally developed to hold in place.

Just thought I'd share... no offense intended, honestly!

3. JP

JP Guest

Except that there is a popular brand of duct tape called Duck Tape.

4. Paul B

Paul B Guest

Only a quack would seal a letter like that! If you throw a piece of duct tape in the air, does it fly south? Sorry.

Paul B

5. Debbie

Debbie Guest

Will duck tape work to hold a towel over the vent in the room so it doesn't blow on my head and make me sick in the cabin??? :) Debbie

6. Gramma Ann

Gramma Ann Guest

There's a joke about, chicken wire, duck tape, and a tree branch. Can't tell it on the board though. It's really cute. e-mail me and I'll tell it to you. Not really bad off color, just tinged a little.

7. joschmo

joschmo Guest

nah -- doesn't beat my cousin who thought she could "wax" her legs with it!!

talk about a loose goose!

joanne