Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Dunns River Falls - shoes?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by DawnG, May 3, 2001.

1. DawnG

DawnG Guest

What type of shoes should we have for the falls? We have the Teva water sandal type already, but should we get those slip on strechy kind instead? Thanks!

2. Debbie

Debbie Guest

A lot of people actually come back with hurt ankles and such - you need whatever is the hardest to come off and has a good grip on the bottom and can get wet... By the way - it you like coffee pick up some Blue Mountain Coffee - it is awesome and around $50 a pound here in the states... :) Debbie

3. andrea

andrea Guest

Personally, I prefer something that completely covers my toes to prevent stubbing my toes and scraping up the exposed parts of my feet on the rocks.

If you don't want to buy new water shoes, if you have an old pair of canvas tennis shoes like Keds, those will do just fine. Just tie them on tight so they don't slip off!

andrea

4. Divetex

Divetex Guest

I much preferred my Teva sandals to water shoes, but old tennis/athletic shoes work well, too.

5. jeffstern

jeffstern Guest

We found that the best shoes to climb the falls were a pair of sneakers!!! If you buy the Blue Mountain Coffee, make sure it's Jablum, and don't pay more than $10-$12 a pound, beans or ground!

6. Mermaid

Mermaid Guest

Rugged pair of Tevas gets my vote, hands down. Especially if already have'm.