Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

E has turned a NEW Leaf!!!

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by Einstein, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Einstein

Einstein Guest

or perhaps I should say ... Turned down a New Leaf. as a 50th B-Day present I gave myself the ultimatum of going Smoke Free and its been 3+ weeks since with NO withdrawal issues at all. So next time Y'All see me on a cruise ship U will NOT have to worry about seeing me scoot out for one of the smoke fixes. :thumb I think red prefers the smoke free version also ... although she NEVER bugged me about the issue :couple

2. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

=clap =clap =clap =clap =clap =clap =clap =clap =clap =clap

3. popcorn

popcorn Guest

Good for you!! It has been 16 years since I quit.

Liz

4. fla jack

fla jack Guest

Fantastic-Keep up the good work Jack I quit in 91

5. Charles

Charles Guest

:thumb

c

6. Whimsy

Whimsy Guest

Congratulations! I quit in 2006. It's so wonderful to be smoke free!

7. John

John Guest

Congratulations and I wish you the best! You can do it.

8. gottacruz

gottacruz Guest

good for you.:)

9. Beryl

Beryl Guest

Congratulations my friend!!

I'm like a lot of others here. I managed to quit more years ago than I remember now :grin ! My little story goes like this! We are living in Calgary. We are having a blizzard. I am out of smokes. I ask DH to go and get me some cigarettes. He says, "Not on your life. There is no way I'm going out in this!" My response, "Well then I might as well quit." I never had another cigarette. I had no withdrawl issues either...I did gain more than a couple of pounds though! :grin

10. seamom

seamom Guest

Super proud of you! Keep up the good work! Bob stopped cold turkey after a 2 pack a day habit and has never looked back....keep walkin'!

11. Bread

Bread Guest

GOOD JOB!! This December 31st will be 8 years for me... cold turkey here too, never missed it. We started cruising not too long after that WITH ALL THE MONEY WE SAVED NOT GOING UP IN SMOKE! More Frozen Thingies! WIN-WIN!!!:thumb

12. Corky

Corky Guest

Woo-hoo!! It has been over 7 years for me and I've not smoke one single, solitary cigarette. I smoked for 30 years before quitting and I will never smoke again. E, if I can do it, you can too!! Good luck and remember that you have a lot of support in helping you to succeed in this new life change. :)

13. islandJim

islandJim Guest

Congrats E. Good for you :thumb:thumb

Jim

14. red stripe

red stripe Guest

In defence of Einsteins smoking... I have to say that he was the most considerate smoker I have ever know.. and this from a Respiratory Therapist. :lol

he NEVER smoked in his (or your..) home... he NEVER smoked in any cabin on any ship.. he would always walk out onto the Promenade deck on the smoking side.. to get his fix.
    So in actual fact.. it took a few days for me to even know he was quiting :grin

I told him years ago that I would not nag him, but that with my background.. I hoped that one day he would quit. But that was it. I know all too well that NO smoker can quit until he/her are ready to quit.. nagging will only prolong the issue :lol

no matter what.. I love you Einstein.

15. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

Good for you E. It really is a nasty habit and I'm a smoker. I hate to see pics of me with a cigg.

Mike quit 4 weeks ago now and it starting to get his sense of taste and smell back. He did it the forced way with 3 weeks in the hospital. He doesn't have the urge for the tobacco now, but it is a hard habit to break, he keeps reaching in his pocket.

I'm right behind you guys, as soon as I get my legs back beneath me, I'm quitting also.

Great Job! X(

16. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Guest

Congrats E. :thumb Now, if I just could kick the habit. In the past I quit cold turkey, but don't ask me why I started again.

17. Mgram

Mgram Guest

Congrats on the beginning of the rest of your life......a longer one!!! Having never been a smoker, I can't say I know personally how difficult it is, but I know a few people that just can't quit........so GOOD JOB, E!

Red, I have stopped nagging those 2......my youngest daughter & DH and her stepmother.....the ONLY smokers in our family. I thought if I didn't harp on it that MAYBE one day they will.

18. JacquieP

JacquieP Guest

WOW!!!! I'm so proud of you! I just love reading good news.

19. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Great news, E! Your body will thank you every day. It's probably more fun for red to kiss you now too!

I have never smoked, er, tobacco. Tried it as a teen, never got into it. Actually, I remember the day I lit my first and last cigarette, because as I ground it out and said, "This is disgusting, I'll never smoke" a guy I can't remember said, "You'll never forget this day, because the date is 2/4/68." It was, and I never have.

20. suer182

suer182 Guest

Congrats E. :thumb Keep it up.